Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So I’m this vein the 4 is this house number, f is position in the house, and cast is obviously tagout/rotation/bump/spot swap?

Correct, the casting e-mails for houses will say, for example, 'H4' for House 4, and then which cast, A or B. Streets are slightly different as they will say 'S4' for Street 4 and the cast you're on but I believe they have more than 2 casts for streets, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
How would one know the letter that correlates with those characteristics? Like how does one know what signifies “shaved head”, for instance?

Special requests such as shaving your head is asked during auditions and then reflected in the casting e-mail you're sent so you know if you need to alter your appearance or not.

Has anyone seen the new trailer for Doctor Sleep, the long-awaited sequel to The Shining? The trailer looks pretty cool, definitely has a potential to be a house, I'm not sure if Universal will tackle or if WB will take it over for next year's Horror Made Here, that's if they are going to do it next year.

Has anyone seen the new trailer for Doctor Sleep, the long-awaited sequel to The Shining? The trailer looks pretty cool, definitely has a potential to be a house, I'm not sure if Universal will tackle or if WB will take it over for next year's Horror Made Here, that's if they are going to do it next year.

I’m surprised King is behind this. Considering he didn’t like Kubrick’s adaptation at all. I’m excited for this. Trailer looks good. But yeah probably won’t be at HHN because of King.

I’m surprised King is behind this. Considering he didn’t like Kubrick’s adaptation at all. I’m excited for this. Trailer looks good. But yeah probably won’t be at HHN because of King.

Flanagan did an interview after the trailer dropped, and he talked about trying to strike the balance of doing an adaptation of the book while trying to keep it in the movie universe, and still please King.

[Interview] Eight New Things We've Learned About 'Doctor Sleep'! - Bloody Disgusting

Well...

From what I hear, Jason Blum and Murdy aren’t on the best of terms. Anything that comes from Blumhouse will have to be coordinated on the Orlando-side, who will have far more specific desires.
Wonder what happened there

upload_2019-6-13_16-7-40.jpeg

Blumhouse has announced a Black Christmas remake, what are your thoughts? Be possible for the event or should be skipped for the original?

Yeah this is the second remake, the original was sorta good, I liked certain things about it, the first remake, I sorta had some interest and then completely lost it for the rest of the film like I did with the When A Stranger Calls remake film, hopefully they’ll have a good writer behind this one and good director at that to make this movie abit better and more fleshed out and have it well be better than the ones before

Maybe it stems from H2018? Murdy seemed persistent in 2017 about doing the new movie and didn’t seem that enthused to do Halloween 4
I feel like it wasn’t just about him being enthused about Halloween 4, I just feel like he just didn’t want Halloween 4 to be the last house they do with Michael, which is understandable. I don’t think they would do Halloween 5 and 6 and so forth, because fans didn’t like those, it would have been better to have Halloween 2018 be the last house then again, it looks like Jason Blum wants to continue the franchise.

Received a notification about HHN actor roles for this year...

Universal Orlando is seeking Actors that meet the requirements below:

Female: 5’5”-5’10” Slender build able to speak with a New York dialect.

Female: 5’8” and taller

Male: 5’10”-6’2” Robust build, strong voice. Must be bald or willing to shave head.

Male: 5’5”-6’2” Must have strong improvisational skills and hosting skills.

Male: 5’10” and taller, slender build.