Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Haven't read anything on this ride since it opened, can anyone give me a rundown on whether the ride experience is still like it was at opening? All effects still working, outdoor bypass still operational, scare actors still in queue?

Haven't read anything on this ride since it opened, can anyone give me a rundown on whether the ride experience is still like it was at opening? All effects still working, outdoor bypass still operational, scare actors still in queue?
Basically, all's still the same. Usually just one scare actor. But no other changes that I've noticed, and I ride it a lot.

We went on the backstage tour a couple of weeks ago, and he told us that you can request which driver you want. I think the only one we haven't had is Jinx, because that RV was out for maintenance.

Interesting to note that the GP loves Kong yet Fast and Furious is a ride with the exact ride system but universally despised by everyone.

Interesting to note that the GP loves Kong yet Fast and Furious is a ride with the exact ride system but universally despised by everyone.
Kong added a cool queue, addition to the story, and a post-animatronic. Thats in addition to better projection and animation. F&F is simply the hollywood tram show, with nothing added. Oh, and Kong has something F&F lacks --- an ending!