Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Genuinely words can’t describe how happy that ride made me. Ended up waiting 10 hours after being told it’d be 4 but after in-climate weather warnings and ride break downs the time added up. We were 5 mins from the front and thought is it even worth it. But thank god we waited, my face hurt when I get off but I think cos I just smiled that hard

Genuinely words can’t describe how happy that ride made me. Ended up waiting 10 hours after being told it’d be 4 but after in-climate weather warnings and ride break downs the time added up. We were 5 mins from the front and thought is it even worth it. But thank god we waited, my face hurt when I get off but I think cos I just smiled that hard
God bless you. :thumbsup:

And people were saying getting there early was stupid... lined up along universal Blvd at 5 and parked at 5.30 and off by 10. 5 hours total. My friend an I are ready to do it tomorrow just so we can swap seats. Will report on that and have a full review after a second ride.

As an aside. I'm 6 feed 250 pounds with most of my weight in my butt and thighs so I was worried about fitting when word got out this was thigh restrictive. I rode motorbike but tested both seats and got green lights on both. Room to spare on the bike side.

They *should* turn the Fear Factor theater into something England-related (MoM, Globe Theater, something) and update MiB to MiB International.

But I digress.
I don't think anyone is in a hurry to spend money to re-theme MIB to MIB:International when it's at a 26% on RT, is getting pounded as the worst in the franchise and is tracking to open incredibly weak.

I’ve been traveling all day, Airport to airport..about to head back to West Palm. Thanks for all the great updates. Made my day go by !

Do we know if everyone who made it into line has gotten through or did they dump the queue like they did gringotts opening day?

So a final thought on overall theoretical capacity, which is in a perfect world where every seat is full and the ride never stops. It appears that the quickest dispatch time at the moment is 36 seconds, based on 1.) off-ride videos of where the trains have passed each other and more importantly 2.) the load speed on the conveyor belt is about/around 5 seconds per car (5*7=35 seconds). That gives a max capacity of 1400, and requires 9 trains at least (this takes into account trains at load/unload). Not terrible capacity, and clearly they weren't hitting that today, but in comparison to others: Everest is 2400, and generally hits that, while Mummy and Rockit are theoretically 2400 and 1850 respectively, but in practice hit 2000 and 1400 usually (they add a buffer and don't run trains as close together as they could be).

Now, could the conveyor belt be sped up at a later time to improve it, sure I have no idea. The longest section a block takes is the reverse track switch, and that is designed for 24 seconds. That's just over 3 seconds per row on the conveyor belt, and obviously would require more trains (12-13). That'd give an hourly theoretical of 2100. Of note, FJ and Gringotts both have a capacity of 1800 theoretical, both usually hit that.

TL;DR: Theoretical capacity is good, not super high, but can get up there if they pick up the conveyor belt speed, which may or not be possible.

Do we know if everyone who made it into line has gotten through or did they dump the queue like they did gringotts opening day?
I think I saw someone say that they dumped the queue around 9:30, maybe? After technical issues. But unconfirmed at this time.

TL;DR: Theoretical capacity is good, not super high, but can get up there if they pick up the conveyor belt speed, which may or not be possible.

I believe it has been mentioned before (not sure if fact or speculation) that the loading belt can indeed be sped up. It makes sense that it could and that they'd slowly build up over time as ops get more experienced.

I don't think this was posted here today. Pretty neat:

I think I saw someone say that they dumped the queue around 9:30, maybe? After technical issues. But unconfirmed at this time.

The people still standing in line outside the actual queue, were dumped around 8pm. I was in the spot just before the archway when they dispersed us. They gave us all a card for guest services. Told us we could stop by and ask about compensation on the way out. Waited about 4 hours.