Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Actually it was an Intamin Flying Dutchman, and it was in Congo (now Jungala):

Swinging-Vines-Postcard-001.jpg

As long as they don't make me take off my glasses, I'm fine with emptying my pockets. They refuse to let me on Falcon's Fury with corrective lenses on, regardless of how many times they don't fall off on any of their coasters. It's rather frustrating, especially since I've ridden it once before with glasses and they never moved a millimeter.

I've ridden FF numerous times with my sunglasses. I had a strap on them however. There should be no issues wearing glasses on FF...and definitely on "RMC Gwazi" as long as you have a glasses strap. I've ridden 3 of the RMC conversions (Steel Vengeance, Storm Chaser & Twisted Cyclone) and wore my shades with a strap...no problems. Those rides even have signs saying a strap must be worn in order to ride with glasses. I'm sure BGT will have the same policy.

I've ridden FF numerous times with my sunglasses. I had a strap on them however. There should be no issues wearing a strap on FF...and definitely on "RMC Gwazi" as long as you have a glasses strap. I've ridden 3 of the RMC conversions (Steel Vengeance, Storm Chaser & Twisted Cyclone) and wore my shades with a strap...no problems. Those rides even have signs saying a strap must be worn in order to ride with glasses. I'm sure BGT will have the same policy.
I have never had an issue at any of the parks with glasses/sunglasses in regards to coasters- even without a strap. They never say anything, and I've been going for almost two decades at this point. It just struck me as odd that Falcon's Fury has a more stringent policy despite being much less intense in terms of motion. BG themselves say it's a manufacturer recommendation, so I guess there's no arguing that. I don't care about the ride enough to buy a strap just to ride it.

That said, I'd be very surprised if they say anything to glasses wearers on Gwazi. I haven't ridden an RMC, but I have ridden basically every major coaster type without issues or being told to take them off. I would not expect that to change.

I am 99% sure those are life hill spine pieces. Correct me if i’m wrong, though.

Taken from Midway’s vid

Attachments

• AE0C0DB8-C357-4259-9FE0-DA513561AA93.jpeg
    AE0C0DB8-C357-4259-9FE0-DA513561AA93.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have never had an issue at any of the parks with glasses/sunglasses in regards to coasters- even without a strap. They never say anything, and I've been going for almost two decades at this point. It just struck me as odd that Falcon's Fury has a more stringent policy despite being much less intense in terms of motion. BG themselves say it's a manufacturer recommendation, so I guess there's no arguing that. I don't care about the ride enough to buy a strap just to ride it.

That said, I'd be very surprised if they say anything to glasses wearers on Gwazi. I haven't ridden an RMC, but I have ridden basically every major coaster type without issues or being told to take them off. I would not expect that to change.

All 3 RMC's I've been on (all 3 at different park chains/companies) have signs posted that a strap is required. It will be the same for this ride as well. Also for Tigris, a strap is required. I've witnessed it personally by ride attendants making them take their glasses off if there was no strap.

Honestly the worst thing about RMC Gwazi is going to be the tremendous wait times. Gwazi is the first thing you see when you enter the park, so i can only imagine how many people will flock there first

that looks like such an awkward transition

RMC's rarely have awkward transitions, no worries. They look that way, because of the framework and such and how twisty everything is compared to a traditional woodie, but these transitions are crazy, crazy smooth. Also fast and thrilling. Nothing at all to worry about, even just looking at the bare bones of it in that picture. I'm excited for everyone in FL finally having an RMC is their backyard (we're lucky to have Outlaw Run in ours, lol). They're on an entirely different level. (Fun fact - the middle section of the train is the scariest place to ride through the inversions--the car always feels like it's going to come off the track right in the middle of a roll, which is great fun, unless you are terrified of coasters, in which case you will be like my husband and flat-out refuse to ride ever again :lol:)

If you're still curious/concerned about how these trains move through these crazy-looking elements (which look neck-snapping from the ground), take a look at their newest RMC "Untamed" over at Walibi Holland in the park's POV video below. It looks glorious. :grin: RMC Gwazi is going to be amazing--and wild in the best ways. ;) Definitely going to be heading over the Busch Gardens the next time we're at UOR--gotta ride allllll the RMCs!

RMC's rarely have awkward transitions, no worries. They look that way, because of the framework and such and how twisty everything is compared to a traditional woodie, but these transitions are crazy, crazy smooth. Also fast and thrilling. Nothing at all to worry about, even just looking at the bare bones of it in that picture. I'm excited for everyone in FL finally having an RMC is their backyard (we're lucky to have Outlaw Run in ours, lol). They're on an entirely different level. (Fun fact - the middle section of the train is the scariest place to ride through the inversions--the car always feels like it's going to come off the track right in the middle of a roll, which is great fun, unless you are terrified of coasters, in which case you will be like my husband and flat-out refuse to ride ever again :lol:)

If you're still curious/concerned about how these trains move through these crazy-looking elements (which look neck-snapping from the ground), take a look at their newest RMC "Untamed" over at Walibi Holland in the park's POV video below. It looks glorious. :grin: RMC Gwazi is going to be amazing--and wild in the best ways. ;) Definitely going to be heading over the Busch Gardens the next time we're at UOR--gotta ride allllll the RMCs!

yeah i know but it was just from that angle. i was expecting it to be a curved, swooping turn. i didn’t know it’ll straighten out at the bottom