Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

One of my brother’s friends said they waited 14 hours. Like I said way early on in the thread, I’m sure the ride is great, I have no doubts on that. But in no world is any ride worth that type of a wait no matter how good it is.

I’m sorry, I know the ride is getting race reviews, but waiting that long im the humid / rainy weather is pretty much like torture. I would seriously have to rethink my life if I waited that long for a theme park ride.

Like I cool imagine going into a deep depression.

upload_2019-6-14_7-25-8.jpeg

Opening procedure for today:
Everything opened at 6:30am like Universal stated (Garages, security, etc.).

It’s 7:30am now and they haven’t let us into IOA.

They did state the ride would not open until 9am.

Edit: they just announced that Hagrid’s will experience an extended delay and will not open when the park opens at 9am

Last edited:
View attachment 9861

Edit: they just announced that Hagrid’s will experience an extended delay and will not open when the park opens at 9am
Crazy packed or no?

View attachment 9861

About how many people were at the gate this morning?

Edit: Beaten

View attachment 9861

Oh man...how many people are there?

Double beat...lol.

Is the extended queue still set up?

Per Parkscope, they're saying the issue is "infrastructure-related" and not the ride. I asked that meant a staffing issue, and they said no so hm.

Per Parkscope, they're saying the issue is "infrastructure-related" and not the ride. I asked that meant a staffing issue, and they said no so hm.

Reasonable explanation: Maybe they were planning on getting the virtual line going and ran into problems so they have to come up with a back up plan?
Unreasonable explanation: They want to do that drone clearing the path thing every day, but the drones broke and now the entrance is blocked.

Reasonable explanation: Maybe they were planning on getting the virtual line going and ran into problems so they have to come up with a back up plan?

The back-up plan would be to literally revert to operations from the previous day. Would be a 5 min delay if anything. The extended queue is still set up and guests are winding through it.

upload_2019-6-14_8-25-15.jpeg

This is where they stopped the queue as of 8:25am. There about 30 people ahead of us. No one being let into hogsmeade yet.

They started letting people into IOA at 8am. Was a mad rush to get to the start of the queue which is at the port of entry lookout. The queue is huge. Switchbacks are placed wherever they can find space.

When we were let in at 8am I’m guessing there were about 1000 people waiting at the turnstiles.

Are they letting one person from the party wait in line while the rest of the party goes elsewhere and rejoins later or does everyone in the party have to be in the line the whole time?