General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have fun everyone! With all the weather delays yesterday, it was a little under 10 hours wait time for me. TIP: Grab snacks and bathroom breaks when you're close to one so you don't have to walk through groups of people in the queue when coming back. Team members made it really pleasant, gave water to us, had entertainment in the queue; It didn't seem that long in the end. Stay positive and soak it all in!

Does anybody know if they’re letting general pop into islands/hogsmeade this morning? Already rode Hagrid just wanna eat some sausage and ride FJ

Universal should do a series of Commemorative pins....Blue: HMCMA 4 hrs....Green: HMCMA 5 hrs......Red: HMCMA 6 hrs.....Purple: HMCMA 7 hrs.....Silver HMCMA 8+ hrs.....Gold 10+ hrs.
Sign me up for gold. :)

Sat there in the rain, huddled with my GF who was shivering, everyone laughing about how ridiculous we were. But it was worth it!!! :)

No, that would never work
First day was like this. Family ahead of us exited the line, went on a ride, came back an hour later. Even once inside the queue, you could grab a bathroom pass and exit/come back. This happened several times for us when the ride broke down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timeline so far for today:

6:30 AM - People let into CityWalk/Garages/Security
6:40 AM - People were queueing at IOA turnstiles
8:00 AM - People were let into IOA (in waves -- stopped outside of Sinbad)
8:30 AM - People were let into Hogsmeade (held at lockers)
11:00 AM - Ride officially opens (hopefully)

That's a well known fact. :lol:....By the way, are you doing the Touring Plans review of the ride? I see they haven't reviewed it yet. They're late to the feeding trough. :eat:

I was going to say that I thought, Seth was doing a review for Touring Plans but I've got it wrong. He did give a great review and it's another one to throw into the huge pile:

If you see this man run.

It's past 2 here, so it's totally a legit time to drink.

upload_2019-6-14_9-27-50.jpeg

Still waiting right outside the entrance as of 9:30am. Hearing they’ll start letting us into the queue at 10am, but do not garuntee that the ride will be running.

Not hearing any motorbikes drive by the entrance yet.

I wonder if they have battery backups on all the computer systems that run these rides? This is sounding like they are having to reboot and reset and retest everything very carefully.

Reasonable explanation: Maybe they were planning on getting the virtual line going and ran into problems so they have to come up with a back up plan?
Unreasonable explanation: They want to do that drone clearing the path thing every day, but the drones broke and now the entrance is blocked.

Sorry to be out of the loop, but I've seen a bunch of folks referencing a "virtual line" what is that?

Sorry to be out of the loop, but I've seen a bunch of folks referencing a "virtual line" what is that?
It's where you reserve your spot in line using the app or a kiosk, so you can enjoy the park and return at the requested time to wait in a shorter line later...

They explain it in this blog post: Universal Orlando Close Up | Tips to Maximizing Your Visit to Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure - Close Up

However, it has not yet been used for Hagrid. And when it/if it is, it will be to replace the queue outside of the Hagrid queue, skipping everything from Hogsmeade to Seuss Landing essentially, and keeping the pathways clear.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase