General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That is the first I had heard $300 million though I am not surprised. More impressive too when you consider that they didn’t have to build the queue building from scratch!

Aside from the ride itself, with the record breaking number of launches, drop track, and loads of animated show scenes, the cost of transplanting in 1200+ trees must have been a good chunk of money!

Reactions: allaboutthatchase

WOOO!! Go @Joe, go!!

We're back trying to get a second ride in after loving it yesterday.
Update on the queue: they are giving people who exit to use the restroom a password to get back in.

I like this. There's been complaints of line-cutting, so this helps. Hopefully they change it every set amount of time, so that thing doesn't happen again where that family left and came back an hour later :look:

That is the first I had heard $300 million though I am not surprised. More impressive too when you consider that they didn’t have to build the queue building from scratch!
Aside from the ride itself, with the record breaking number of launches, drop track, and loads of animated show scenes, the cost of transplanting in 1200+ trees must have been a good chunk of money!

Plus I'm sure demo of two big ass coasters wasn't cheap.

With the techs supposed to be getting the ride at 10 last night but the last guest clearing at 12 i can see how they could be a bit behind

I bet this is 100% exactly why this ride opened late. Don't be surprised if they cut the line off even earlier today than they did yesterday to try and avoid a delayed opening for the future. Techs normally need 8-10 hours to do their nightly checks and ops normally needs an hour as well.

Reactions: Andysol
A user questioned Robb and he clarified his points. I don’t necessarily disagree with him.

I'm am not "jaded" towards Universal, in fact, it's just the opposite. I like their parks and I would like to see them produce amazing attractions! Did you read my review of Hagrid's? It doesn't appear that you did because it is not negative at all, in fact, it is quite a positive review. Here, I'll link you to it so you can read it:

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

I said my **ONE** major criticism of the ride (which I'm allowed to have, you know?) is that it was not themed as much as I thought it would be. I never painted a picture of "no theming." In fact the only person in this conversation that has said that is you.

My expectation of theming was set pretty high, though, to be honest. After hearing the attraction being called a "Story Coaster" and having been on many other outdoor themed rides: Taron, Radiator Springs Racer, Big Grizzly Mountain, just to name a few, and knowing that they will have some pretty stiff competition in the "motorbike coaster" category soon with Tron opening, I'll be honest, I was expecting Universal to knock this one out of the park.

The ride looks great. The themed elements that are there are a nice touch. But my opinion still stands that it is the one area that was lacking the most. I legit expected more of a "show scene" in certain areas, and what we got were some figures scattered throughout the track area that you don't see for very long, and when you did get to an indoor show scene, it wasn't that much of an improvement over Verbolten, Thirteen, or Darkmare, which also have similar drop-track indoor themed sections.

With as much as they hyped up the theming, the "story coaster" and the animatronics, I expected more in that department.

In my review I also put the disclaimer that my comments come from a more experienced roller coaster rider and I do have to remember that the majority of the people who have ridden the coaster today or at the media event have probably never been on a coaster with a drop-track feature. I have been on six over the past 14 years. Many of those people probably have not been able to experience the amazing theming on Taron or have ridden other "story" based thrill attractions like Big Grizzly Mountain, Radiator Springs Racers, or Journey to the Center of the Earth. I've also been on several different "motorbike" coasters including the only other coaster in the world that features a bike and a side car as well as having ridden Tron at Shanghai Disneyland. So my basis of comparison is going to be much broader and so is my level of expectations.

Honestly, I expected this ride, theming wise, to blow all those I mentioned out of the water. And the end result was that it was "good enough."

Are they letting one person from the party wait in line while the rest of the party goes elsewhere and rejoins later or does everyone in the party have to be in the line the whole time?

Yes, it was very easy to come and go yesterday as long as at least one party member stayed in line. The ride kept going down so it was understandably hard for people to accurately judge how long they’d have to make it without using a restroom. As others have said, just make sure you try and be smart about it. Much easier to leave the line and come back when you’re already near the restroom (like in all the switchbacks by Sinbad) so you don’t have to push past as many people. I really doubt you could have gotten away with your whole party leaving and coming back later. The guests were great at policing each other. It’s one thing to tell the family in front of you that your friend is going to leave and come back so he can use the restroom; it’s another to vanish entirely for a few hours and try to reclaim your spot. Once you’re past the Musion preshow, though, it’s very difficult to find a convenient way to dip out and come back in. That’s essentially your point of no return.

Yes, it was very easy to come and go yesterday as long as at least one party member stayed in line. The ride kept going down so it was understandably hard for people to accurately judge how long they’d have to make it without using a restroom. As others have said, just make sure you try and be smart about it. Much easier to leave the line and come back when you’re already near the restroom (like in all the switchbacks by Sinbad) so you don’t have to push past as many people. I really doubt you could have gotten away with your whole party leaving and coming back later. The guests were great at policing each other. It’s one thing to tell the family in front of you that your friend is going to leave and come back so he can use the restroom; it’s another to vanish entirely for a few hours and try to reclaim your spot. Once you’re past the Musion preshow, though, it’s very difficult to find a convenient way to dip out and come back in. That’s essentially your point of no return.

This sounds very similar to the day queue for the Wimbledon tennis championships, which I thought of as soon as I saw how it was all going yesterday. A welcome dose of good-natured mutual understanding and honesty motivated by everyone being in it together. :toast:

As someone who avoided literally all spoilers about this project before riding today, what all did I miss in terms of project changes? Can someone give a super basic rundown that doesn’t involve me reading through the entirety of the original thread (at least not until later this week) of what all changed with this project? The original plan was to have it all in a show building?

I noticed this kind of went unnoticed. As far as I know, the spike was originally meant to be in an enclosed cave. Or not, who knows.

Other than that, I have no idea!