Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

This is awesome, looks super unique to Sea World
It seems a bit short at the moment, but we will see
A lot of these games don't necessarily have accurate weight distribution or friction
No Limits is a fairly accurate program, more simulation than game. Amusement Parks that don’t use/can’t afford 3DVIP renders often use NoLimits instead.

Yeah, No Limits is used by industry quite often than not. One of our forum members even when trying to use references of Hagrids, used it, giving a pretty freaking close interpretation of the attraction's track layout in the way it flows.

I've tried getting Ride_Op on to talk about No Limits, as it has had an impact on helping things out.

Track length: 2,000 ft.
Track Traveled: 2,850 ft.
Max Height: 80 ft.
Max Drop: 75 ft.
Max Speed 45-50 mph.
Number of Trains: 2
Number of Cars Per Train: 3
Number of Riders Per Train: 18
Ride Time: 80-90 seconds
Capacity: 900-1000 People Per Hour
Footprint: 625 x 165 ft.
Inversions: 1 (Sidewinder - "soft inversion")
Height Restriction: 48"
Launches: 4 (First launch being backwards)

Notes:

Train will will be on switch track when it leaves that station and will then engage the main course / launch track. Backwards launches will go into a double up, forwards launches will go into a twisting double up. At the end of the reverse launches will be a beyond vertical spike that will look a little bit like a hook. At the end of the last launch will be a top hat that will put the ride at it's max height. It'll twist 90* to the right on the ascent up and there will be a copper fin brake at the top to hold the train for a "cliffhanger" effect. Out of the top hat will be a low to the ground banked turn and then right into a set of airtime hill that will be taken with some decent speed. Then comes the sidewinder...and another aitime hill immediately following. Three more small airtime hills / s-curves and then you're hopping up into the brake run.

While this coaster will have a few thrill seeker elements....this coaster is all about the middle ground that they've lacked at that park, a 48" coaster to bridge the gap from Grover and Manta / Mako / Kraken.

Thats an fascinating amount of info, and it's just so fascinating to see elements like this. Definitely feels like a Cheetah Hunt, in the best way's possible. The question I now have, is how will the train restraints be, whether that be of West Coast Racers or more similar to Tigris/Tempesto.

Saw this on FB today:

62502813_2299764647019010_7604843280991256576_n.jpg

Thats an fascinating amount of info, and it's just so fascinating to see elements like this. Definitely feels like a Cheetah Hunt, in the best way's possible. The question I now have, is how will the train restraints be, whether that be of West Coast Racers or more similar to Tigris/Tempesto.

I would say they're likely to be like Full Throttle's....
FullThrottle_horizontal-5b6e05a046e0fb00250da2d5.jpg

I'm going to be pretty bummed out if we lose the covered patios behind Mango Joe's for this. I always enjoyed relaxing back there.
Get ready to get bummed, they're the new queue for the ride. It looks like Mango Joe's is getting a total rehab/retheme with a new patio in the front. Whether or not it's covered, I'm not sure, but I don't think so (or at least it doesn't look like it from the site plan).

Get ready to get bummed, they're the new queue for the ride. It looks like Mango Joe's is getting a total rehab/retheme with a new patio in the front. Whether or not it's covered, I'm not sure, but I don't think so (or at least it doesn't look like it from the site plan).

Well shoot. Must have missed that. :(

I'm going to be pretty bummed out if we lose the covered patios behind Mango Joe's for this. I always enjoyed relaxing back there.
I like that they are rejuvinating a relatively dead zone.

There are a few quiet spots still left over though...That's what I love about SeaWorld and Busch...quiet zones

The patio area shown on the site plan is actually pretty well covered in trees (I checked it out today). I'd guess they'll add more covering if needed.