General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going to take a wild guess here but...single riders hasn't been open yesterday or today right?

I'm going to take a wild guess here but...single riders hasn't been open yesterday or today right?
There was video from yesterday where team members were walking down the line asking for single riders, but I think you had to be in the main line and closer towards the end of it.

Reactions: Fluffy's Caretaker
We got in line at the turnstiles 730AM yesterday and with the rain delays it was around 6PM when we finally got on the ride. The TMs made sure to give everyone water in the broken lines every 20 mins or so. At queue 3 (Poseidon back lot) they started selling snacks to the lines and once you reach the front of Sindbads it was relatively easy to make your way out to grab some real food (Fire Eaters, Kebab shop, etc.). We just made sure to keep one person in line, and most of the people in front and back knew who we were after spending so much time together.
Only thing I would recommend is bring a poncho. We forgot ours in the car and ended up getting rained on 2 seperate times...first time was just a sprinkle, but that second rain we were soaked.
Still worth the wait, but it wouldve been a lot shorter wait if the rains weren't there.

Single riders was open once in the main outside queue. It wasnt much shorter and you skip a ton of the interior show scenes.

I actually remember seeing a few of the single rider people that switched to single rider go on just a few coasters before us.

Odd question but my little brother has autism and has issues with crowds and lines and universal gives him a pass that he can come back after the wait has passed and he can go through express. Is there any way they can do this today because he is dying to ride the coaster and started crying when he saw how long of a wait there is.

Odd question but my little brother has autism and has issues with crowds and lines and universal gives him a pass that he can come back after the wait has passed and he can go through express. Is there any way they can do this today because he is dying to ride the coaster and started crying when he saw how long of a wait there is.

I absolutely can't confirm this, but I read a tweet (admittedly from an angry guest) saying they were allowing Assistance Passes by pulsing them in with the regular guests at the attraction entrance. Maybe ask some of the TMs to verify?

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Also, an updated timeline:

6:30 AM - People let into CityWalk/Garages/Security
6:40 AM - People were queueing at IOA turnstiles
8:00 AM - People were let into IOA (in waves -- stopped outside of Sinbad)
8:30 AM - People were let into Hogsmeade (held at lockers)
10:50 AM - People were allowed in the queue
11:46 AM - Ride opens with a 360 minute wait time posted
12:10 PM - First guests off
12:20 PM - Ride is having technical issues.

I absolutely can't confirm this, but I read a tweet (admittedly from an angry guest) saying they were allowing Assistance Passes by pulsing them in with the regular guests at the attraction entrance. Maybe ask some of the TMs to verify?
So about a 2 hour wait instead of a 6 hour wait?

Potentially judging by the things I've read on here about the length it takes from the entrance, but I've yet to ride so I'd really recommend asking a TM in the park since the situation with the attraction seems to fluctuate. Not to mention, you guys will be risking potential downtimes/extended delays for weather and technical reasons.

They will issue a return time for the length of the posted wait (ex. 6hr wait at 1 PM gives a 7PM return time). Just be sure to get a return time before the ride is “At capacity.” You will also be unable to use the pass in another queue while you are “waiting” for Hagrid

Reactions: tjjwelch

They definitely seemed to be honoring them yesterday. But you had to get a return time and couldn’t do so until the ride “opened” at 9 am. So you essentially waited an hour and a half to be in the park at opening, then got a return time for 7 pm based on the initial 10-hour wait. Looked like those using the pass merged in at the room before grouper (so maybe 10 minutes total of being around crowds but you skip the preshow)

They definitely seemed to be honoring them yesterday. But you had to get a return time and couldn’t do so until the ride “opened” at 9 am. So you essentially waited an hour and a half to be in the park at opening, then got a return time for 7 pm based on the initial 10-hour wait. Looked like those using the pass merged in at the room before grouper (so maybe 10 minutes total of being around crowds but you skip the preshow)
That would be absolutely perfect! I’ll see what I can find out!

Reactions: tjjwelch
Ride went back up around 10 minutes ago and is down again. Heard it may have cascaded, but no confirmation. Only source is a whiny person on twitter who is currently stuck on the ride for a second time.

That is the first I had heard $300 million though I am not surprised. More impressive too when you consider that they didn’t have to build the queue building from scratch!

This $300 million number is absurd. There is no way this project cost anywhere near that amount of money. That's about the same if not more than the number quoted for all of Hogsmeade. And almost as much as the number we have for Diagon Alley. This project was more likely in the range of $50-$100 million.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
This is their only tweet I can post cause it has no profanity, but they've been stopped at basically every show scene on their ride. You can see the whole thing in their latest tweets. Sucks for a first ride, but kinda cool to stop at all the show scenes? Silver lining? They're clearly not seeing it that way, tho.

EDIT: @Tbad556 beat me to it lol

This $300 million number is absurd. There is no way this project cost anywhere near that amount of money. That's about the same if not more than the number quoted for all of Hogsmeade. And almost as much as the number we have for Diagon Alley. This project was more likely in the range of $50-$100 million.

To be fair, the big news outlets are also reporting that number. Time & CNBC, for example.

Reactions: Felipe