Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Seems like it's having a crazy rough afternoon. Has gone up and back down yet again. That same party is now stuck on their 3rd ride in a row. I might be waiting a little longer than anticipated before heading to the parks for this even though my hype is through the roof.

$300m (while maybe somewhat inflated to capture news headlines) is not necessarily out of the question.

Expedition Everest cost $100m and it opened in 2006. Adjust that amount to inflation to today and it's $127m.

Now add to that other points that have been made:
  • Cost of all of the theme elements:
    • Ruins/buildings
    • All of the animatronics (Hagrid, Fluffy, Screwt, Devil's snare etc.)
    • Transplanting 1200+ trees
    • Highly themed queue
  • Combination of ride tech (7 launches, drop track)
  • Cost of demolishing and removal of Dragon Challenge
Add all of those things together and I could see it being over $200m

What a stupid article. Yeah Universal is limiting the trains to 6 to keep the wait up and keep people out of the parks spending money.

People standing in a queue for 6+ hours are the exact opposite of being out in the rest of the park(s) spending money! They're stuck in line with no real ability to go and spend!

Seems like it's having a crazy rough afternoon. Has gone up and back down yet again. That same party is now stuck on their 3rd ride in a row. I might be waiting a little longer than anticipated before heading to the parks for this even though my hype is through the roof.

I had to stop looking at his Twitter. I've been avoiding POVs and this is even worse.

I'm still waiting to hear from @Joe and @ORLParkPass who I thought were not that far behind @dxwwf3 (who's already ridden today).

One of my brother’s friends said they waited 14 hours. Like I said way early on in the thread, I’m sure the ride is great, I have no doubts on that. But in no world is any ride worth that type of a wait no matter how good it is.
Wow, that's dedication.

I'm not waiting 14 hours for no ride.

People standing in a queue for 6+ hours are the exact opposite of being out in the rest of the park(s) spending money! They're stuck in line with no real ability to go and spend!
Also if they're giving out water again they're actively losing money the longer people are in line.

I had to stop looking at his Twitter. I've been avoiding POVs and this is even worse.

I'm still waiting to hear from @Joe and @ORLParkPass who I thought were not that far behind @dxwwf3 (who's already ridden today).

Ditto. They're done riding at this point anyhow. It sounds like @Joe also got stuck and rerode judging by this:

Also, looks like it may be stormy soon. Radar looks bleak from 2:30-7 PM or so.

Last edited:
This is their only tweet I can post cause it has no profanity, but they've been stopped at basically every show scene on their ride. You can see the whole thing in their latest tweets. Sucks for a first ride, but kinda cool to stop at all the show scenes? Silver lining? They're clearly not seeing it that way, tho.

EDIT: @Tbad556 beat me to it lol

Thoughts and more later but: TPU is trash. That is all.

Did someone already share this drawing of the track on the footprint? looks pretty cool:

Thanks, but I did that many months ago, and it's missing the first launch since that was something changed late in the plans when they moved the Flying Car to a later scene.

I'm going to take a wild guess here but...single riders hasn't been open yesterday or today right?

Also, a note about Single Rider, it was open yesterday (and I assume open today,) but you cannot get into Single Rider line until AFTER you've entered through the main ride entrance arch out front. Meaning, you'd still need to wait in the long line outside of Hogsmeade, then you can choose to enter Single Rider line or stay in standby.

@Skubersky rode single rider line yesterday, and not only do you skip the preshow and all the cool rooms in the queue, but you're trapped in a boring hallway AND he saw people that were behind him in the regular standby line GO ON THE RIDE BEFORE HIM! So, just because it's a single rider line, does NOT mean it is faster. Be warned.

Does the pre-show explain why Hagrid is using magic throughout the ride, even though he’s been forbidden to do so in canon?
Nope lol. But he does apologize for not being very good at it. As for the motorbikes and their ability to steer themselves, that was all Arthur's work. He put a spell on them after he cloned them for us.

Does the pre-show explain why Hagrid is using magic throughout the ride, even though he’s been forbidden to do so in canon?

He is allowed.

"Hagrid keeps the pieces of his wand in a pink umbrella, and performs small spells from time to time; however, he was technically forbidden to do magic until the third book, and since he is not a fully qualified wizard, he "will always be a bit inept" as compared to other adult wizards"