Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Showing 360 minutes at 3:05 PM

Honestly for the first few days I wouldn't trust the accuracy of the wait time on the app for this ride. With all of the stops and starts due to weather or technical issues, and the fact that when the ride is up and running consistently they're still working towards an efficient and consistent rider load process, the wait time stated is likely meaningless.

Edit: For the time being they should just replace the wait time circle in the app with :shrug:

Is anyone planning on going Sunday? I just moved to Florida and I'm hoping to put some profiles to faces finally :) I'll be at the park solo, so let me know.

e opens with a 360 minute wait time posted
I'm head down in mid September, keeping my fingers crossed that a rope drop will lead to under an hour wait time. I'd like to go through the queue at least once before hitting single rider (which seems to have varying results anyway).

It's really going to depend on how quickly they increase capacity. Flight of Passage still has over 2 hour waits at rope drop...over a year later. Although September may be a good time, as a lot of folks will be trying to get over to GE..

I think it comes down to communication from Universal to the park goers this morning. If the park employees were up front with everyone this morning and said "Hi all, there's technical issues right now and the ride won't start for a couple of hours after the park opens, and may go down throughout the day" then I put the onus on the guests to decide if they still want to queue up and take the risk they'll be waiting hours, and my not get to ride at all. They've been warned and decided to wait anyway.

If Universal said nothing and remained tight lipped about late start and potential down-time then I would say Universal is to blame for park goer misery.

They did. Numerous times before letting us into IOA.

Quite bluntly and simply... this would be my response to anyone who looked at what happened yesterday, looked at the weather today, and dares to complain about their time in line today:
images

Listen....if you are in the first 100 people in line and you still have to wait 6 hours..there is something extremely wrong here.

This weekend is going to be a mess....If I actually considered going this weekend, I would change plans.

That Kris with a K twitter feed is very damning. Maybe a tad too negative, but man I would be pissed too.

You have to have some reasonable expectation of operation, otherwise just don't open it.
Angry guests that don't wait 6 hours to ride a broken coaster, are less angry then guests that do.

Last edited: