Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

So, have they ever actually had to evac this ride yet, or are these launches enough to send everything on it’s way after a time?

Not to my knowledge.

As for this, I believe this is related to the issues we were discussing earlier. Some sort of visual record and checking in.
They evacuated a group yesterday during the extended downtime yesterday evening.

the video of the broken down Skrewt still farting was hilarious.

Also...that giant disco pole he's attached to is incredibly low rent...Thankfully you'll probably be moving too quick to notice.

You all can knock Smugglers Run all you want, at least it was working and functional when it opened to limited crowds...we will see how it handles the masses.

Also...that giant disco pole he's attached to is incredibly low rent...Thankfully you'll probably be moving too quick to notice.

You all can knock Smugglers Run all you want, at least it was working and functional when it opened to limited crowds...we will see how it handles the masses.
The key word there was limited.

Listen....if you are in the first 100 people in line and you still have to wait 6 hours..there is something extremely wrong here.

This weekend is going to be a mess....If I actually considered going this weekend, I would change plans.

That Kris with a K twitter feed is very damning. Maybe a tad too negative, but man I would be pissed too.

You have to have some reasonable expectation of operation, otherwise just don't open it.
Angry guests that don't wait 6 hours to ride a broken coaster, are less angry then guests that do.

They don't HAVE to wait in line. It was made perfectly clear to everyone outside IOA this morning that it would be opening late. I would get it if they didn't announce it, but they did. Not much more they can do.

Personally, I agree with what they did if the problem came from running so late last night. There are certain things that are required to be done before any ride can open every day. That combined with whatever other testing they did probably took long because they got the ride cleared so late last night. But I would prefer they open late today and be clear about it, then kick people out of line last night.

(and quite frankly, that guy was being a brat long before he ran into any real problems today. I take his feed with many large grains of salt.)

What’s a disco pole?

We need not start this versus crap.

Let's also compare apples to apples.

Smugglers run is an indoor simulator that looks to be using similar tech to Star Tours with some added interactivity tech (some minimal lever pulling and button pressing) that has launched to mixed reactions.

Hagrids is an outdoor coaster (susceptible to the elements) with 7 launches (and slowdowns) , a drop track, animatronics throughout..... It's pretty cutting edge when you put all of those things together.

Let's see how smooth Rise of the Resistance goes when it opens as that attraction will have all of the new variable tech throughout a fairly complex construction.

I honestly believe every night they'll do more programming on this attraction until it's just right. There are things you cannot account for until you're in full operation. Because of how late things went last night, it seems they didn't have enough time to make the necessary adjustments they wanted to. That of course was telegraphed this morning when they told everyone it would not open with the park.

Whatever adjustments that were made last night seems to have brought up more issues today. I think trying to get this attraction closed at a reasonable hour tonight will give them the time they need to make more adjustments for tomorrow. And that's the right call to make.