Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

In the potential news of what happens next to Yokai Watch for the West to Layton, you are going to be in luck. Partly, as Level Five Games will be hitting Anime Expo for the first time, with new information to be shared soon.

In the past, rumors have suggested that Layton's tales might hit the Switch in a pack, and there's also the discussion of the potential timeline of Yokai Watch 5's Western release; alongside seeing more gameplay of Ni No Kuni on the console.

Edit: And also..if you think Prime 4 is coming anytime soon..

Last edited:
DP: Chinese outlet Honson has accidentally letted slip of the Nintendo Switch Mini, in-part for accessories.

D9WnuPKXkAEoaqm.jpg

(Image from Captain Alex)

Even if it's a set of mock-up images...it's a hell of a thing to look at.

Also to bring up, as it was announced at AnimeExpo, Level-5 revealed that Yokai Watch 4 would head to the west (and even showed off a WIP with JP audio and english subtitles.)

The footage was shown at Level-5's AX panel, as they prohibited videotaping and photography of the panel

There is no release date for the localized port.

Normally I get a bit jealous when an updated piece of hardware comes out, but I’m not feeling that with the switch lite. Even though I barely use it on my TV and mostly play in handheld mode, the larger screen still makes the original the better version for me.
They’ll do well with it though, it’ll sell LOTS this Christmas at that price point, especially for younger gamers.

Glad to see it out of the woodwork now.

In a sense, I imagine this is the 3DS killer (even if they're still insisting on the 3DS being relevant, even though no new games have been announced outside of Limited Run doing some collectible editions of past titles). What I'm interested to see out of this, is how they'll incorporate games for Lite going forward from Nintendo themselves (alongside outer parties).

Glad to see it out of the woodwork now.

In a sense, I imagine this is the 3DS killer (even if they're still insisting on the 3DS being relevant, even though no new games have been announced outside of Limited Run doing some collectible editions of past titles). What I'm interested to see out of this, is how they'll incorporate games for Lite going forward from Nintendo themselves (alongside outer parties).
The base $80 2DS I could see sticking around for a bit longer but the other models are not long for this world.

Most games do support handheld mode so this won’t be a big issue I think. Also you can still connect external controllers if needed. My guess as to why this feature is still included is because maybe it’s a similar connection to the one already needed for two Switches to connect so it wasn’t that much extra to keep it in.

Doug Bowser recently stated that the Switch Lite is the only revision available this holiday.

Notice how he didn't mention that there wasn't another one coming at all. Not-so-bold-prediction: the Switch Pro will launch alongside Breath of the Wild 2 next year to help counter the Xbox Scarlet and PS5.

Doug Bowser recently stated that the Switch Lite is the only revision available this holiday.

Notice how he didn't mention that there wasn't another one coming at all. Not-so-bold-prediction: the Switch Pro will launch alongside Breath of the Wild 2 next year to help counter the Xbox Scarlet and PS5.

They were hiring for more dungeon designers for BoTW2 by just last week.

Nintendo Posts Job Listings For Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Sequel Dungeon Designers - Nintendo Life

I do think Switch Pro is happening, but I don't think 2020. And if it's Late 2020, then I'd be more curious of Mario Odyssey 2 (or whatever comes next for Mario) launching the Pro.

They were hiring for more dungeon designers for BoTW2 by just last week.

Nintendo Posts Job Listings For Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Sequel Dungeon Designers - Nintendo Life

I do think Switch Pro is happening, but I don't think 2020. And if it's Late 2020, then I'd be more curious of Mario Odyssey 2 (or whatever comes next for Mario) launching the Pro.

The Switch Lite was leaked months ago by WSJ, and they said that the Pro was also coming this year. Then they said that it was delayed. 2020 is the perfect time to launch it. And BOTW2 is the best showcase that Nintendo could possibly use for it. Also, I don't think the job listings automatically mean that it's a 2021 game. Don't know why everyone is saying that.

The specs for a new Nintendo Switch OG model got leaked on Twitter by Mike Heskin, cliffnotes from resetera follow.

Interesting things to notice:
  • Since firmware 5.0 there has been support for three hardware lines, one with the original Tegra 210 and two for the new Tegra 214 (Mariko)
  • Those two hardware lines are Switch Lite and Switch "New".
  • The original Switch has 4GB of RAM and 6GB for the devkit. The new models have support for both 4GB and 8GB of RAM.
  • Both Switch Lite and "New" use LPDDR4X DRAM which grants a small battery boost due to lower voltages.
  • Switch Lite has a smaller screen and non-detachable controllers while "New" Switch should have the exact same form factor.
  • The GPU in the "New" Switch is clocked at higher values than Switch Lite, potentially giving a modest performance boost.
  • Larger than 32GB memory is possible in the "New" units. Two models have been found in the firmware (codenames "Iowa" and "Calcio") and is speculated that one will have more internal storage.
  • There's absolutely no evidence of an actual "Pro" version. At least not in the sense that it would be based off of the Tegra X2 or have massive performance and/or memory improvements.