General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
$300m (while maybe somewhat inflated to capture news headlines) is not necessarily out of the question.

Expedition Everest cost $100m and it opened in 2006. Adjust that amount to inflation to today and it's $127m.

Now add to that other points that have been made:
  • Cost of all of the theme elements:
    • Ruins/buildings
    • All of the animatronics (Hagrid, Fluffy, Screwt, Devil's snare etc.)
    • Transplanting 1200+ trees
    • Highly themed queue
  • Combination of ride tech (7 launches, drop track)
  • Cost of demolishing and removal of Dragon Challenge
Add all of those things together and I could see it being over $200m
For reference, wasn’t Diagon Alley in its entirety closer to $200M?

I have the feeling the marketing number is far different than the real number. I’ve thought for years that Disney purposefully inflated their advertised attraction budgets

Thinking 'bout trying tomorrow, anyone has an idea when the parking is opening tomorrow? And what the best time would be to get there

The park keeps adding more warning signs to those arriving to set expectations:

64492802_1191993587647862_3626034446114750464_n.jpg

For reference, wasn’t Diagon Alley in its entirety closer to $200M?

I have the feeling the marketing number is far different than the real number. I’ve thought for years that Disney purposefully inflated their advertised attraction budgets
Yeah, I think a rumor number started somewhere and a few media outlets picked it up. I'd be shocked if it was anywhere near that 300 million number, even with the deconstruction of DC. Universal/Comcast past history seems to be tighter with their budgets than that 300 stratosphere.

Hagrids in only a 20 minute wait right you but they are not advertising it.

Uh. Hmmm.

——-

Ok impressions over a marg at Antojitos. If someone pulled a gun on a loved one and asked for my top three Potter attractions I’d say 1) FJ 2) Gringotts 3) Hagrid.

Here’s why.

Coasters are nearly always based on momentum of movements. I had such start and stop moments on the ride it was hard to judge the whole experience. My first ride was a blast from the moment we left till we got stuck at Fluffy. The post hut launch to Fluffy is one of the best coaster segments in Florida. It was so insane and fun. But each ride I felt was more a combo of elements than one ride experience. I can’t and will not review this ride till I get a full ride through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in the last 100 or so people in the queue. When we got out there were a few people sporadically walking up the queue. Asked greeter and let us through. Posted 180 to not cause a bum rush but I'll keep circling until they cut me off for the night.

Damn I’m at Antojitos lolol

Uh. Hmmm.

——-

Ok impressions over a marg at Antojitos. If someone pulled a gun on a loved one and asked for my top three Potter attractions I’d say 1) FJ 2) Gringotts 3) Hagrid.

Here’s why.

Coasters are nearly always based on momentum of movements. I had such start and stop moments on the ride it was hard to judge the whole experience. My first ride was a blast from the moment we left till we got stuck at Fluffy. The post hut launch to Fluffy is one of the best coaster segments in Florida. It was so insane and fun. But each ride I felt was more a combo of elements than one ride experience. I can’t and will not review this ride till I get a full ride through.

I feel really bad for you joe. The entirety of your experience is going to, well, create your entire experience. And your first impression wasn’t a good one overall. Sorry man :(

Remember everyone: Intamin breaks down. Always. Wait a few months if you want a flawless first impression. Otherwise you’re likely to get a bump or bruise.

I feel really bad for you joe. The entirety of your experience is going to, well, create your entire experience. And your first impression wasn’t a good one overall. Sorry man :(

Remember everyone: Intamin breaks down. Always. Wait a few months if you want a flawless first impression. Otherwise you’re likely to get a bump or bruise.

It’s not a problem! I’m more than open to being blown away tomorrow. I just want to be honest with you all about my first feelings.

Plus I had fun! Met people, hung out, drank beer at 9am, etc.