Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

My concern with this ride getting up to full capacity they need to be firm and fast with how they handle guests boarding quickly and removing guests that don't fit. If not dispatched on time you get a cascading blocking that will back up the whole ride. Even with just 6 or 7 on the track we got stopped in the drop track because of a backup on the line.

My concern with this ride getting up to full capacity they need to be firm and fast with how they handle guests boarding quickly and removing guests that don't fit. If not dispatched on time you get a cascading blocking that will back up the whole ride. Even with just 6 or 7 on the track we got stopped in the drop track because of a backup on the line.

Has that been an apparent issue? People not fitting the ride?

They'll get it, and hopefully speed up the belt, they always do.

I think they’re loading the trains pretty fast, and people were using the test seats before they got up there while I was there. Sure they’ll get better, but there were gaps of time without trains to load because they’re weren’t running as many as they theoretically could. Hopefully they get this all down to a science eventually.

Also, @Joe, I think the best part about this ride is that it doesn’t really stop (when working correctly of course). After getting off I realized this was actually just a fun coaster with great theming, rather than something like Gringotts or Mummy, which feel more like a dark ride with coaster segments to me than coasters. I love how go go go this ride is, and I immediately adored that about it while riding.

It’s like if Slinky Dog had more theming, more animatronics, and was on steroids.

I could be wrong but isn’t this the problem that space mountain has had since its existence that they have never seemed to be able to fix, if so it may be more complicated but with the continuous belt I’m sure it alleviates much of the pressure.

The loading problem with larger guests that won't fit has no easy answer. They can't very well start pulling larger people out of line to try the test seats. That would be a huge PR disaster.
Are the tests seats as visible as the ones at gringotts?
Though I did read people complaining about the test seats being out in the open, and being embarrassing to test out. No easy answer there.

Where do you see the pixies on the ride?
All over the car before the spike, and I saw a bunch hiding in a tree that can be seen at multiple parts of the ride, near the ruins on the side closest to first scene.

The loading problem with larger guests that won't fit has no easy answer. They can't very well start pulling larger people out of line to try the test seats. That would be a huge PR disaster.
Are the tests seats as visible as the ones at gringotts?
Though I did read people complaining about the test seats being out in the open, and being embarrassing to test out. No easy answer there.
The one inside is kind of in its own little corner. And while I was in the queue the team Member was casually telling everyone that entered that area the test seat was here for anyone that wanted to try it. It was far enough ahead in the queue that you’re not feeling rushed while testing it, and a lot of people around me were trying it.

Did knowing the layout and what’s coming affect your ride at all or was it still great.
It was still great. Even knowing as much as I did going in, you can never predict exactly how it’s going to feel. And the launch sensations were amazing. Plus, add in the sounds, dialog, effects, and this still all felt so fresh to me, despite all the “spoilers”.

I noticed in one of the many povs online that there is a really cool effect on the launch after the drop track. It looks like a simulated fire effect from the motorbike. Has anyone seen this? If so is it only on that launch? Also is it on both sides of the bike?

I noticed in one of the many povs online that there is a really cool effect on the launch after the drop track. It looks like a simulated fire effect from the motorbike. Has anyone seen this? If so is it only on that launch? Also is it on both sides of the bike?

I didn’t notice it on opening day, but I saw it both times I rode today. Neat effect

I think it was one of the many skrewts blasting down there?

Finally back home after a wild couple of days. I had so much fun yesterday, and we went again today and waited a very long time (but definitely not the longest!) to ride again. We knew what we were getting ourselves into. We met some amazing people in line and had so much fun with them while we waited. However, we had issues both yesterday and today at the same area of the ride: the Devil's Snare/drop track. On opening day we dropped, but then stopped and were under the drop area for about 5 minutes before being launched with no warning. In retrospect, not a big deal. However today when going backwards into the building we slowed to a VERY slow creep, nowhere near the pace of yesterday, and just continued like that for a considerable amount of time, considering the length of the indoor scene. Maybe it felt that way because we were in the back row, but we came to a very abrupt halt right before the tracks switched over for the second drop track. I thought perhaps it had something to do with pacing issues when they added in additional ride vehicles, but it gave us a fright. Has anyone else experienced this with the drop track portion of the ride? I know that valleying has been discussed, but hadn't seen anything about this (unless I missed it on the little sleep I've gotten...heh).

I was just reading a discussion on Magic about where that $300 million budget figure came from. They quoted the Tampa Bay Times article that started this whole $300 million story that has kind of spun out of control. Seems the newspaper quoted an employee, Dennis Spiegel, who works for a consulting firm named International Theme Park Service. Spiegel gave a guess estimate figure of apx. $300 million, in his opinion of what he thought it would cost. Soooo, that $300 million figure is essentially meaningless since it's just one persons guess, and he didn't say he had any official info to base it on.

Finally back home after a wild couple of days. I had so much fun yesterday, and we went again today and waited a very long time (but definitely not the longest!) to ride again. We knew what we were getting ourselves into. We met some amazing people in line and had so much fun with them while we waited. However, we had issues both yesterday and today at the same area of the ride: the Devil's Snare/drop track. On opening day we dropped, but then stopped and were under the drop area for about 5 minutes before being launched with no warning. In retrospect, not a big deal. However today when going backwards into the building we slowed to a VERY slow creep, nowhere near the pace of yesterday, and just continued like that for a considerable amount of time, considering the length of the indoor scene. Maybe it felt that way because we were in the back row, but we came to a very abrupt halt right before the tracks switched over for the second drop track. I thought perhaps it had something to do with pacing issues when they added in additional ride vehicles, but it gave us a fright. Has anyone else experienced this with the drop track portion of the ride? I know that valleying has been discussed, but hadn't seen anything about this (unless I missed it on the little sleep I've gotten...heh).
They hold before and after drop track if ride is backed up yea, as those are last chances to stop before the long stretch of track before ending.

Glad you had a fun experience despite the ride issues. This opening has certainly been an experience to remember. Everyone I’ve met has been great, and I’ve made a lot of fun memories.

They hold before and after drop track if ride is backed up yea, as those are last chances to stop before the long stretch of track before ending.

Glad you had a fun experience despite the ride issues. This opening has certainly been an experience to remember. Everyone I’ve met has been great, and I’ve made a lot of fun memories.
Thank you! That makes sense and is more rational than where my mind was going when I was on it, haha. So a pacing issue. Hopefully they'll get all the kinks worked out. It felt less like a hold and more of a slow creep for a good amount of it, which was eerie with the sounds and such.

Definitely an opening to remember! I have a list of names of TMs I want to send in emails about--they were fabulous!

Its definitely resembling the dragonfire that the bike outputs after hitting the purple "turbo booster" if you will and i Definitely appreciate them incorporating all of that for that final launch, I can't wait to smack that MF lol:dance:

I was just reading a discussion on Magic about where that $300 million budget figure came from. They quoted the Tampa Bay Times article that started this whole $300 million story that has kind of spun out of control. Seems the newspaper quoted an employee, Dennis Spiegel, who works for a consulting firm named International Theme Park Service. Spiegel gave a guess estimate figure of apx. $300 million, in his opinion of what he thought it would cost. Soooo, that $300 million figure is essentially meaningless since it's just one persons guess, and he didn't say he had any official info to base it on.

This is why they have no credibility anymore.