Bigfire Restaurant | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Bigfire Restaurant

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ya... that’s definitely a different level than a Grand Floridian or Boardwalk wedding with an Epcot Reception.

I could probably even afford that one. :)

Sometimes it's not about the money, but a place you love. Please let's just end this particular tangent on that. I don't like the connotations of this conversation, whether intended or not.

Back to BIGFIRE, I think that regardless of what they do here theme or menu-wise, it's probably gonna do much better than Emeril's had been doing recently, simply because it's the new thing in town/CityWalk. Will it do better than, say, Voodoo compared to the Element store? Or VIVO and Cowfish compared to Pastamore? That remains to be seen... But we can confidently say this location will get a boost alone on being the brand new eatery at Universal.

Sometimes it's not about the money, but a place you love. Please let's just end this particular tangent on that. I don't like the connotations of this conversation, whether intended or not.

Back to BIGFIRE, I think that regardless of what they do here theme or menu-wise, it's probably gonna do much better than Emeril's had been doing recently, simply because it's the new thing in town/CityWalk. Will it do better than, say, Voodoo compared to the Element store? Or VIVO and Cowfish compared to Pastamore? That remains to be seen... But we can confidently say this location will get a boost alone on being the brand new eatery at Universal.
The other thing to remember about Emerils is that it was having financial difficulties throughout it's entire system and unexpectedly closed a good number of other restaurant locations at about the same time they unexpectedly closed their Orlando locations. Their ship had passed, it seems.

Prices seem reasonable for a theme park. If it was a few miles south west they'd be nearly double for the same things.

By a few miles south, I think you mean Sand Lake Road. At Disney, this would be close to triple. [Source: menus at Kona and Le Cellier]. With an AP discount, I think these prices hover somewhere between Manny's* and Outback.

Along with the "inexpensive for Orlando in general, not just a theme park hotel" prices at Endless Summer, feels like a bit of a sea change for UOR. But that's probably better suited to another thread.

* [Out of towners--its a small central Florida steakhouse chain. Walls decorated with street signs, life-size statutes of Elvis and the Blues Brothers, to give you an idea of the vibe. I did not expect it to be in the same convo with BigFire.]

When I’m looking at a theme park table service place, I always look at QS counterparts.

You can get a $15 burger at Dino Digs. Or you can get waited on and have an infinitely better burger here for $15 (tip would be cancelled out with my AP discount).

It’s reasons like this that I love Universals pricing structure and why I eat at toothsome, Antojitos and now this. Disney used to have a handful of those TS places, but hasn’t for a couple years now. Even the Plaza at magic kingdom was great because I could grab a $13 Ruben. I think it’s over $20 now.

As long as Universal doesn’t employ Disney’s (albeit genius) dining plan model, prices should always be reasonable at TS locations.

When I’m looking at a theme park table service place, I always look at QS counterparts.

You can get a $15 burger at Dino Digs. Or you can get waited on and have an infinitely better burger here for $15 (tip would be cancelled out with my AP discount).

It’s reasons like this that I love Universals pricing structure and why I eat at toothsome, Antojitos and now this. Disney used to have a handful of those TS places, but hasn’t for a couple years now. Even the Plaza at magic kingdom was great because I could grab a $13 Ruben. I think it’s over $20 now.

As long as Universal doesn’t employ Disney’s (albeit genius) dining plan model, prices should always be reasonable at TS locations.

I don’t think the TS at Disney on my last trip was good. WDW seems to be lacking way behind DL and I have no intention to have a sit down meal within WDW again except from a few places at Disney Springs, California Grill and Saana.

Universal on the other hand, I had great experience every time with the exception of breakfast at The Kitchen which I thought was ok but far better than Kona Cafe.

Reactions: Andysol