Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bigfire Restaurant

When I’m looking at a theme park table service place, I always look at QS counterparts.

You can get a $15 burger at Dino Digs. Or you can get waited on and have an infinitely better burger here for $15 (tip would be cancelled out with my AP discount).

It’s reasons like this that I love Universals pricing structure and why I eat at toothsome, Antojitos and now this. Disney used to have a handful of those TS places, but hasn’t for a couple years now. Even the Plaza at magic kingdom was great because I could grab a $13 Ruben. I think it’s over $20 now.

As long as Universal doesn’t employ Disney’s (albeit genius) dining plan model, prices should always be reasonable at TS locations.
Since Universal has been putting their own restaurants in at CitiWalk, we've changed our dinner habits. We used to get a lot of quick service meals in the parks. But the prices of the new table service restaurants are almost the same as the in park QS locations, and, of course, the food and selection are better at CitiWalk. Being adjacent to the park entrances, CitiWalk is, for all intents and purposes, part of the parks. It's become a no brainer to take the very short walk and eat at a good CitiWalk restaurant. And a BIG PLUS, no reservations.......But at WDW, due to the ridiculous reservation system, we rarely ever eat at a table service restaurant. It's QS for us at WDW, 95% of the time

Just what we need on these 90 degree days is a fire pit :lol: Looks good, but such an odd thing to add to a restaurant in Orlando.

That was my response when Universal starting putting fire pits next to their new hotel's pools. But the funny thing about it, we actually try to stop by and enjoy the ambiance of the fire pit in the evening, but the seating is 'always' completely filled, and we've never been able to get a chair. Wildly popular it seems. Who would have thought, it is hot humid Florida after all. :doh:

That was my response when Universal starting putting fire pits next to their new hotel's pools. But the funny thing about it, we actually try to stop by and enjoy the ambiance of the fire pit in the evening, but the seating is 'always' completely filled, and we've never been able to get a chair. Wildly popular it seems. Who would have thought, it is hot humid Florida after all. :doh:
Love me smores time at the resorts, regardless of time of year!

I enjoy the ambiance too, oddly though, people start to leave when I start playing the Illuminations beginning narration

Real talk though, people may sit here for a while after they eat...I know I tend to get cold after sitting in a restaurant...the fire may be welcomed