TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Tron sign in the first photo
Is that unprecedented this early in a build?

No , that’s the MO at Disney, they aren’t like Universal who basically builds the entire attraction before announcing it.

If you remember during 7D they had a themed construction wall with peek holes to view the construction.

Reactions: Coasted
Colors when sunlight hits in certain ways gets crazy. The gold (yellow) supports for the new Steel Curtain coaster in Kennywood look orange about half the time.

Track added at what looks to be the maintenance bay. Footers also continue to be added for outdoor portion of the track, yet to be installed.

This angle gives you a good idea of where the train track has been removed... and Tron footers are now in it's path. Make's you wonder what their plan is with that.

Last edited:
Track added at what looks to be the maintenance bay. Footers also continue to be added for outdoor portion of the track, yet to be installed.

That looks like dual load/unload station area. The maintenance bay tracks wouldn't be set that far apart.

That looks like dual load/unload station area. The maintenance bay tracks wouldn't be set that far apart.
That's actually what I thought it was at first and I decided against it for whatever reason. I guess in my mind I was thinking there's no way the load/unload is gonna be all the way back there.

This angle gives you a good idea of where the train track has been removed... and Tron foots are now in it's path. Make's you wonder what their plan is with that

Great photo / point. I had not realised is no alternative way around. Looks like the train is going to be gone for a looong time

That's actually what I thought it was at first and I decided against it for whatever reason. I guess in my mind I was thinking there's no way the load/unload is gonna be all the way back there.
Just like Space Mountain, with the show building housing a good portion of the queue.

great observation, just found this after a quick search of shanghai's layout

tron-roller-coaster-layout.jpg

source: Tron Coaster Rises at Shanghai Disneyland - Coaster101

EDIT: it also looks like most of the track is already installed; just the straight away and curve back left to install. show building should start rising soon!

EDIT 2: @Marni1971 you can share anything regarding how/where the railroad will cross?

EDIT3: you can see the train entering the left, and somehow go through those footers..
screen-shot-2019-05-16-at-101240-am-2-750xx2560-1440-0-0.png

Last edited:
I think it looks very short. Too many block brakes...

Can't really disagree with this, I'm sure it's coming in at about 1 minute 50 from leaving load to returning (there's a good 20 seconds before the launch as well).

But on the plus side it's another experience and we've not sacrificed anything for it. But whether it's worth a wait in excess of an hour is highly doubtful and with MK crowds I don't imagine it'll drop below that too often.