Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Sad, but the same happens every time Universal opens a new attraction. There's a 'segment' of the Disney social media fan base that views with disdain, any attraction that doesn't have the mouse's name on it.
I will say this, sometimes people on here, myself included, looks at everything Disney does with the same disdain. Something I personally am actively working on. We all benefit from each company successes. I am hoping Star Wars makes a huge impact on Disney's bottom line, and that impact influences the amount of resources put into Fantastic Worlds.

I will say this, sometimes people on here, myself included, looks at everything Disney does with the same disdain. Something I personally am actively working on. We all benefit from each company successes. I am hoping Star Wars makes a huge impact on Disney's bottom line, and that impact influences the amount of resources put into Fantastic Worlds.
Just speaking for myself, when it comes to parks and attractions, I love Disney, and always hope their new lands and attractions work out well. My personal issues with Disney tend to be towards their management philosophy that embraces too much pre planning, via restaurant reservations and the fastpass system, their hotel resorts being significantly overpriced, and their overall entertainment cuts. But when it comes to attractions I hope for the best, and like I do with Universal, if it's good I'll laud it, but if it's bad like F&F, I'll criticize it....But an attraction as overwhelmingly considered excellent like Hagrid, it's just sour grapes if overt Disney fans criticize it as an attraction. Sure there's inconsistencies in the initial technical runs, but that's true with all new attractions, whether Disney, Sea World, Universal or Regional parks.

Last edited:
Why do you look at Disney with disdain though?

This Dis vs. Uni thing is not new and, unfortunately, is only getting worse. For whatever reason (social media, sports, etc.), tribalism, us vs. them, is becoming the norm in many aspects of life. Which sucks in the case of theme parks, because both companies do them well.

This Dis vs. Uni thing is not new and, unfortunately, is only getting worse. For whatever reason (social media, sports, etc.), tribalism, us vs. them, is becoming the norm in many aspects of life. Which sucks in the case of theme parks, because both companies do them well.

For real. This isn't a sports rivalry, for god's sakes.

The only positive is that it really does keep the opponent on their toes for the most part. But i love both and it is really fun to sit back and watch the outcomes i love it. But sometimes i say to myself is disney building for competition or to just say here we did something, now give us your money.

Ride was posted at a 5 hour wait at 11am, but got on in 3. When I got off the ride at 2, it was quoted at 120, so things are progressing very well. The ride broke down a few times (once while on it), but the staff let those who were on the breakdown re-ride (which I took full advantage of).

It’s been down pouring here for like 3 hours now so it’s been closed for a bit...

This is my first day at the park with the ride open, so I don’t have a true point of comparison, but based on these boards, I’d say it’s getting better each day. :thumbsup: