Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

It's absurd that they aren't bulldozing Fear Factor right now. Everyone in real life that I have mentioned the Ministry idea to loves it, Hagrid is proving that people are still hungry for Potter immersion, it is the last iconic theme park ready land in the series, this should be happening yesterday.

You make it all indoors, connected to the rest of the London facade, build it like EPCoT's Land pavilion, multi-story with the golden fountain in the center, with a Ministry Employee canteen themed quick service restaurant where you can glimpse animatronic House Elves cooking on the ground floor.

It should have three attractions, a big exciting e-ticket themed to the Department of Mysteries, a show based around Death Eater trials, and a dark ride telling a Ministry Approved Wizarding World History as an example of the dangerous powers of propaganda that Rowling made a point of highlighting in the books.

It is a perfectly set up location to make use of any and all actors who still want to (and are able to) be involved, without the exclusions of those who do not (or can not) wouldn't seem weird/obvious. So while I and many others would go crazy at having say Imelda Staunton back as Umbridge if she wasn't there it wouldn't seem odd because there is plenty you could do in the Ministry that she wouldn't be involved with.

It is a slam dunk idea and I am nervous that they haven't pulled the trigger because of Fantastic Worlds. No one really wants a Fantastic Beasts ride much less an entire land, building the British Ministry unconnected to your Wizarding London land is dumb, building a different countries Ministry is stupid and building The Ministry but set long before anything you cared about happened there is ridiculous.

Have confidence in your abilities Universal, build The Ministry in the Fear Factor spot now, and build a great new park with zero Wizarding World stuff (at least until WB figures out how to make new films set in this world that actually connect with audiences) I know you can do it Universal.

I don't think that plot is big enough for an E-ticket, a show, a dark ride and a restaurant. IIRC that plot overall is about the size of the Gringott's ride building.

An indoor courtyard with shops and maybe a food option with Uni's take on the ToT system themed to the elevators is the way to go IMO.

I don't think that plot is big enough for an E-ticket, a show, a dark ride and a restaurant. IIRC that plot overall is about the size of the Gringott's ride building.

An indoor courtyard with shops and maybe a food option with Uni's take on the ToT system themed to the elevators is the way to go IMO.

You can stack it....Queue, courtyard etc on top with ride on bottom.

Have confidence in your abilities Universal, build The Ministry in the Fear Factor spot now, and build a great new park with zero Wizarding World stuff (at least until WB figures out how to make new films set in this world that actually connect with audiences) I know you can do it Universal.

I don't know, they sure would love to get the masses seen today for Hagrid (as well as previously for Hogsmeade and DA) flocking to FW for the latest Potter experience... But certainly the MoM only makes sense and belongs by London at USF. They gotta get creative and figure something else out for FW, but I think it's gotta be Potter, not just Wizarding World (aka not the lesser FB).

Last edited:
Not sure I want any more Potter. The only type of ride that would be acceptable for another Harry Potter attraction would be one with no weight restrictions and no height restrictions. This is the only reason I would want another HP attraction so that many people I know could actually experience a HP ride. The restrictions and the intensity of the HP rides excludes several people from further experiencing the HP world. An omnimover or a show is the best idea.

MoM replacing FFL works for so many reasons.

Namely that Hogsmeade has FJ, Hagrids, and Hippogriff. Diagon has Gimgrotts. They both have the train as well, and while Diagon gets the better side of the two train queues, the overall disparity (or "value") between the two (Diagon v Hogsmeade) is significant.

Aside from missing MoM, Universal is also significantly missing any ride prominently featuring Dumbledore. He's one of the biggest names in Potter, yet he gets a tiny role in FJ. I would personally love a Poseidon-type walkthrough featuring Dumbledore. It would also fill another gap the Wizarding World at Universal has (previously mentioned in this thread): there's no major Potter attraction without weight/height requirements.

And perhaps 'the Dumbledore attraction' could be what brings Potter fans to FW... While an old (and alive) Dumbledore would fit at Hogsmeade, a young Dumbledore might make for an appealing attraction at FW.

Last edited:
This is the only reason I would want another HP attraction so that many people I know could actually experience a HP ride. The restrictions and the intensity of the HP rides excludes several people from further experiencing the HP world. An omnimover or a show is the best idea.

I think this is of key importance. If/when more Wizarding World attractions come to Orlando (either in USF or the next park), I think an all-ages E-ticket needs to be part of the project.

Last edited:
MoM replacing FFL works for so many reasons.

Namely that Hogsmeade has FJ, Hagrids, and Hippogriff. Diagon has Gimgrotts. They both have the train as well, and while Diagon gets the better side of the two train queues, the overall disparity (or "value") between the two (Diagon v Hogsmeade) is significant.

This to me is the biggest reason I believe another Potter attraction is bound to come to Diagon Alley. The lopsided nature of the attraction offerings between the two lands now that Hagrid opened is just so huge. That isn't even factoring in the fact that the London facade and the huge plot of land right next door makes for an incredibly easy and seamless addition without the need for major deconstruction or re-configuring of backstage areas. I know Fantastic Worlds is already far along in development but I'd rather they add a final Potter E-ticket to USF and replace the rumored Fantastic Beasts area with a completely different IP. I know they're tempted to have a Potter presence in all three parks but Nintendo alone should be enough of a draw to keep people interested in the third park for years to come after opening.

IMO They shouldn't build any Potter stuff in the new park. On the other hand, to replace FFL with MoM and overhaul the F&F Supercharged to a Knight Bus ride seems a correct choice to cover all the franchise.
How many years are we realistically expecting FF to stick around. To me it feels like ive Already been briskly walking past it to either get to diagon or the mummy for about 6 years

Everything they add to potter just makes it Trump the entirety of SWGE that much more.

I dont know if it was planning or budget or what, disney waited toooo long to respond. When it comes to land vs land, Universal has had their foot on Disney's neck ever since diagon, it was too late after that. And to think they had hagrid still in the arsenal along with a potential MoM attraction is crazy. Pandora needed way more to compete, and it looks like starwars is a LOT closer but still not enough. Hogwarts express transporting you between the two just really sets it apart from any other world.

I dont know if it was planning or budget or what, disney waited toooo long to respond. When it comes to land vs land, Universal has had their foot on Disney's neck ever since diagon, it was too late after that. And to think they had hagrid still in the arsenal along with a potential MoM attraction is crazy. Pandora needed way more to compete, and it looks like starwars is a LOT closer but still not enough. Hogwarts express transporting you between the two just really sets it apart from any other world.

Thats why a Potential MoM ride should try to compete on the level of the rise of the resistance

Then can do both, Ministry in USF and a Fantastic Beasts Ride in UFW.

Unless Fantastic Beasts has a monster hit with one of the new films, I just don't see it hitting the parks.

I think part of the lesser appeal of Galaxy's Edge is that it's based on a new area and around the newer films and has distanced itself away from the core values of the original films.

Thats why a Potential MoM ride should try to compete on the level of the rise of the resistance
I'll wait to see if rise lives up to the hype because MoM really wont be needed at this time if it doesn't. And i dont think it's actually neccessary even if Rise is just that good.

Unless Fantastic Beasts has a monster hit with one of the new films, I just don't see it hitting the parks.

I think part of the lesser appeal of Galaxy's Edge is that it's based on a new area and around the newer films and has distanced itself away from the core values of the original films.
Potter fans would still come out for FB and it's also not like this is a scenario where we don't have the equivalent of Tatooine/Couriscant/Dagobah/Hoth/etc already built and are jumping into Batuu as Disney is doing. Universal has built out a full-fledged world in Hogsmeade, Diagon and London (which would only be enhanced by a MoM attraction).

Fantastic Beasts would be icing on the Potter cake and with WB/JK Rowling looking over their shoulders on the projects, we should know the quality to expect.

Potter fans would still come out for FB and it's also not like this is a scenario where we don't have the equivalent of Tatooine/Couriscant/Dagobah/Hoth/etc already built and are jumping into Batuu as Disney is doing. Universal has built out a full-fledged world in Hogsmeade, Diagon and London (which would only be enhanced by a MoM attraction).

Fantastic Beasts would be icing on the Potter cake and with WB/JK Rowling looking over their shoulders on the projects, we should know the quality to expect.

I think FB MoM definitely should go to the new park Potter is good where it is now. And idk if everyone sees it this way but to me aesthetically FB has a totally different feel to it which is good because One thing i think they're gonna be tasked with is not being too reminiscent of the latter. There nothing really iconic about fantastic beasts so you can't just go in and copy anymore, this can't be hogsmeade and diagon 2.0. The MOM attraction will be easy, the land idk?

I think FB MoM definitely should go to the new park Potter is good where it is now. And idk if everyone sees it this way but to me aesthetically FB has a totally different feel to it which is good because One thing i think they're gonna be tasked with is not being too reminiscent of the latter. There nothing really iconic about fantastic beasts so you can't just go in and copy anymore, this can't be hogsmeade and diagon 2.0. The MOM attraction will be easy, the land idk?
The problem with a land is that the movies are taking place over multiple different cities around the world instead of a few iconic/fixed locations like the original movies did. It's hard to create a land around something like that.

The problem with a land is that the movies are taking place over multiple different cities around the world instead of a few iconic/fixed locations like the original movies did. It's hard to create a land around something like that.
Except, FB is visiting iconic, real locations. 1920s Paris is the same principal behind World Showcase and the Studios - cities with attractions, stores, and restaurants that fit those cities.

Build Paris with MoM and Newt's Suitcase. Then build a neighboring Beauxbatons with a "History of the Wizarding World" attraction, you have a fantastic world that blends the old and new.

I’ve never been a big Potter fan, more casual than anything, but I LOVE what Universal has given us so far.
I’m sure Galaxy’s Edge is cool and all, but I’m just not super excited to visit...at least until RotR opens....and I know the current films are Disney’s Star Wars films, but I would MUCH rather visit Jabbas palace...see Darth Vader, Boba Fett, classic Han, Luke, and Leia.
I have zero attachment or interest in the current characters. I think this is why Potters lands will still be top dog after both Galaxy’s Edge lands are open.

I thought I would be over more Potter at the parks...especially after Hagrids...but my goodness that ride makes me want more. Ministry of Magic should be slated to open in Universal Studios simultaneously with Fantastic Worlds’ opening in 2023. Give us a family dark ride and a thrilling tower style ride or something. Really help balance out Hogsmeade and Diagon.