(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve never been a big Potter fan, more casual than anything, but I LOVE what Universal has given us so far.
I’m sure Galaxy’s Edge is cool and all, but I’m just not super excited to visit...at least until RotR opens....and I know the current films are Disney’s Star Wars films, but I would MUCH rather visit Jabbas palace...see Darth Vader, Boba Fett, classic Han, Luke, and Leia.
I have zero attachment or interest in the current characters. I think this is why Potters lands will still be top dog after both Galaxy’s Edge lands are open.

I thought I would be over more Potter at the parks...especially after Hagrids...but my goodness that ride makes me want more. Ministry of Magic should be slated to open in Universal Studios simultaneously with Fantastic Worlds’ opening in 2023. Give us a family dark ride and a thrilling tower style ride or something. Really help balance out Hogsmeade and Diagon.

It just shows the value of adding a great ride coupled with a known IP in the right place. MoM would also spice up Universal Studios even more after the last addition of Fast and the Not So Furious.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I’m not sure how much room they have back there to mess around with but if they could squeeze a great show in there plus a TOT style ministry elevator ride I would take back my “too much Potter” comment

Reactions: Scott W.
I’m not sure how much room they have back there to mess around with but if they could squeeze a great show in there plus a TOT style ministry elevator ride I would take back my “too much Potter” comment

That’s my dream scenario for this. I don’t know if a 200ft Tower would cause issues with sight lines with Diagon however.

Reactions: truejonas
I get having too much of one IP at a resort can be overkill but for anyone who says "too much potter" they clearly seem to be forgetting the incredible attractions that Potter has brought us, arguably the best in the resort itself. Plus, the $$$ from Potter is surely part of the reason we're getting Fantastic Worlds so I wouldn't complain too much. MoM seems like an easy choice for me, and after that Im not sure how much more they could add/do. Fantastic Beasts is an entire other Beast though, literally and figuratively.

That’s my dream scenario for this. I don’t know if a 200ft Tower would cause issues with sight lines with Diagon however.
Make it look like the London bridge from diagon, as somebody who has never been to the UK and has no sense of where things line up geographically I think this is a perfect idea

Reactions: truejonas
Make it look like the London bridge from diagon, as somebody who has never been to the UK and has no sense of where things line up geographically I think this is a perfect idea

I think there is maybe two spots in Diagon where it would be visible.

Diagon is narrow and to see anything beyond it, you have to practically look straight up.

I don't know that a 200 ft tower is necessary. I'm seeing it more of a situation where it goes up and down short distances, but also has the ability to go side to side to hit other shafts and scenes. Something like, leave load, go sideways to shaft 1. Go up shaft 1 then go forwards to scene 1. This also vacates shaft 1 for the next car. After scene 1, go sideways then backwards, then up shaft 2. Leave shaft 2 and go to scene 2. Keep zig zagging through 5 or so floors of shafts and scenes till we get to the top floor thats the department of mysteries. Have "things go wrong" with the globes, then drop down the last shaft to the Veil room and get arresto momentumed by someone who then sends us back to unload. Not a 200 ft drop that way, but could still get a good 50 ft drop out of it. Overall, it would mean more side to side and forwards and backwards rather than TOT's ups and downs, but would allow for more show scenes, and theoretically at least, more RVs going at the same time. Also, they could have more scenes than you could see in one ride making for re-rideability. Of course that means it would be a technological nightmare and probably cost prohibitive.

I don't know that a 200 ft tower is necessary. I'm seeing it more of a situation where it goes up and down short distances, but also has the ability to go side to side to hit other shafts and scenes. Something like, leave load, go sideways to shaft 1. Go up shaft 1 then go forwards to scene 1. This also vacates shaft 1 for the next car. After scene 1, go sideways then backwards, then up shaft 2. Leave shaft 2 and go to scene 2. Keep zig zagging through 5 or so floors of shafts and scenes till we get to the top floor thats the department of mysteries. Have "things go wrong" with the globes, then drop down the last shaft to the Veil room and get arresto momentumed by someone who then sends us back to unload. Not a 200 ft drop that way, but could still get a good 50 ft drop out of it. Overall, it would mean more side to side and forwards and backwards rather than TOT's ups and downs, but would allow for more show scenes, and theoretically at least, more RVs going at the same time. Also, they could have more scenes than you could see in one ride making for re-rideability. Of course that means it would be a technological nightmare and probably cost prohibitive.

They could use the scoop technology themed to a cart from the movie, perhaps? I don't want to overuse a ride type but they could do it in a way where it didn't just feel like Transformers 2.0.

They could use the scoop technology themed to a cart from the movie, perhaps? I don't want to overuse a ride type but they could do it in a way where it didn't just feel like Transformers 2.0.

True. Hopefully more practical scenes with this one.

Reactions: therock
I get having too much of one IP at a resort can be overkill but for anyone who says "too much potter" they clearly seem to be forgetting the incredible attractions that Potter has brought us, arguably the best in the resort itself. Plus, the $$$ from Potter is surely part of the reason we're getting Fantastic Worlds so I wouldn't complain too much. MoM seems like an easy choice for me, and after that Im not sure how much more they could add/do. Fantastic Beasts is an entire other Beast though, literally and figuratively.
HP is a bit more dynamic to be honest...Lots of locations to base attractions off of

I would say Star Wars is an example of a franchise that you can only do so much with