Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

we-should-just-0s3z2m.jpg

Sometimes I think we forget that these parks are in fact a business. Yes, operationally thing could've gone a bit better the past 5 days. But you can't spend all the money they did and be in TM Previews or Softs for 6 months before you open, or put the whole thing inside a giant bubble.

I'm glad they didn't. Sure there is the problem in the summer season but parks always seem to empty out when there is a bit of a rain although often it's only for a short time (I guess people are made of sugar). The cost of building the enclosure would be extremely high so it would become a smaller coaster in a box like Disney is building and that comes at a cost because you don't get these long stretches and a long coaster ride. Above that I love the real trees and it will look stunning when I visit in the winter after FW has opened. Also having a day and night option on a ride it amazing and an added bonus.
Smaller coaster like Disney is building? Isn't GotG the world's largest indoor coaster?

Definitely looking less and less necessary to wake up super early for this. The difference between getting to the gates at 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM today:

6:30 AM:

7:30 AM:

Also, gates opened at 8 this morning. Everyone is headed over to Hogsmeade now.

EDIT: Apparently the ride isn't opening until 10 AM today:

EDIT 2: Oof.

Last edited: