Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, everyone thinks millenials are still in their teens

To actually add to the thread, it seems like the gates are down at USH's JW expansion...I like the look of the redo and wouldn't mind some of that coming here

Also, Netflix is running with the Camp Cretaceous thing...I wonder how that may play into the parks down the road

I will be *shocked* of Camp Jurassic isn't renamed Camp Cretaceous whenever IOA's land gets the JW redo

Islands is close but there’s currently just a few too many areas with clear areas of opportunity. I’d list

- Seuss needing a top level dark ride, or family coaster (or a hybrid!)
- Lost Continent
- There’s a coaster coming, but J Park area needs a Hollywood style refresh , even if it’s not World
- Please just bring that Toon Lagoon theatre down haha. 20 years and absolutely nothing decent in there
- Marvel needs a little more imo. Better dining. Doctor Doom replacement

Despite all this, it’s damned good.

Also in the camp where Disneyland is the best. I see their opportunities as

- Tomorrowland needs a complete overhaul
- There’ll be an inevitable Star Wars expansion
- Not needed as such, but a next gen Fantasyland dark ride for a classic like B&TB

Each park hosts several of my favourite rides on the planet....it’s a close run thing, but Disneylands a little better balanced.

I think IoA runs neck and neck with MK for best park in Orlando, and probably beats it for me. Not sure I'd put it above Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, or DisneySea though. It's close

I agree with IoA being the best park in Orlando and I’d replace AK for MK in your scenario for me.

But I will disagree with saying “it’s close” to those other 3. Maybe Tokyo Disneyland (although their new nighttime parade has now dethroned Paint the Night), but it can’t even sniff the same air as DisneySea. That thing is on another level theming wise, as you know first-hand. Hell, just the transportation in that park is on another level.

I agree with IoA being the best park in Orlando and I’d replace AK for MK in your scenario for me.

But I will disagree with saying “it’s close” to those other 3. Maybe Tokyo Disneyland (although their new nighttime parade has now dethroned Paint the Night), but it can’t even sniff the same air as DisneySea. That thing is on another level theming wise, as you know first-hand. Hell, just the transportation in that park is on another level.

I do love MK but I kind of look down on it as a comparison to Disneyland, which is leagues ahead imo. Although strangely my 2 favourite MK/Disneyland rides (Splash and HM) are better in Flroida.

Struggle to look beyond IOA and AK as best Orlando park too. AK just needs more, so on that basis IOA is best in Orlando.

Theming-wise, sure. No doubt. But ride wise I'd say IoA is just as good, if not better, than TDS. And I personally weight that more than theming. But TDS wins when it comes to entertainment for sure.

Theming-wise, sure. No doubt. But ride wise I'd say IoA is just as good, if not better, than TDS. And I personally weight that more than theming. But TDS wins when it comes to entertainment for sure.
Ride-wise I totally agree with you, especially with Hagrid’s now open and JP around the corner. But as a whole, when you take theming, entertainment, transportation, restaurants (and let’s not discount the staff and maintenance, which Tokyo is in a league of its own) the park simply stands head and shoulders above the rest. It has that “walking into Diagon” feeling with over half of its lands/islands.

Edit: After I typed that, I thought... “so about JP...” Hah

Sorry for the tangent mods.

Ride-wise I totally agree with you, especially with Hagrid’s now open and JP around the corner. But as a whole, when you take theming, entertainment, transportation, restaurants (and let’s not discount the staff and maintenance, which Tokyo is in a league of its own) the park simply stands head and shoulders above the rest. It has that “walking into Diagon” feeling with over half of its lands/islands.

Edit: After I typed that, I thought... “so about JP...” Hah

Sorry for the tangent mods.

IOA used to have that feeling but I can’t tell if Iran been sliding or parks have advanced so much that it feels it’s not as special as it used to be.

To try and bring this back around to topic, if JP gets a full land overlay, they’ll be able to bring back that magic easily enough.

IOA used to have that feeling but I can’t tell if Iran been sliding or parks have advanced so much that it feels it’s not as special as it used to be.

To try and bring this back around to topic, if JP gets a full land overlay, they’ll be able to bring back that magic easily enough.
It was the DisneySea or its time

I think the park is still in its relative original form (minus HP)...I think as they update it, it will bring some new life into it

Seeing the JP area remodel over at USH, I'd love to see that look/style come to UOR, while maintaining a good portion of the lush island look (Orlando is spoiled in this respect, with its island--more land to play with). I think it would work well at IoA, combining the classic Jurassic Park with the newer World (which I thought the first JW movie did really well).

Also, I really, really want Isla Nu-Bar in Orlando. If I'm not drinking out of an etched tiki glass while relaxing in the middle of Jurassic Park/World during our next visit, I will have many sads.

For a grown up who doesn't want to get wet, IOA has 7 rides? If it's raining, they have 4. If you get motion sickness...

I love IOA. It's probably my favorite park. But let's not ignore that there are serious flaws in its ride lineup. Another Intamin isn't going to change that.

This has been said a million times but IoA is designed as a response to USF's complaints it's all indoor dark rides. Go to USF if it's raining.

I understand this as a response in the 90s but it needs more indoor rides now. On the flip side, USF needs a water ride.
and....if their two theaters were open they really wouldn't be hurting when it rained. The park was designed and opened with those theaters, and they could use them now, especially with the increased attendance from Hagrid & the Dark Arts show. They just need 'good' shows to pull the crowds in. Add two theaters, and it's a good mix once again.

Is Disneyland (CA) really that great? IJA is clearly a great ride, but DL doesn't LOOK like it's substantially above IOA.

TDS on the other hand is clearly what theme parks should aspire to be (just by looking at pics of it). Diagon seems to be on par though.

Alright, alright, alright. Back to Jurassic Park. Ideas for names?

Last edited:
and....if their two theaters were open they really wouldn't be hurting when it rained. The park was designed and opened with those theaters, and they could use them now, especially with the increased attendance from Hagrid & the Dark Arts show. They just need 'good' shows to pull the crowds in. Add two theaters, and it's a good mix once again.

Why the Toon Lagoon show hasn’t been turned into a some kind of Marvel show is beyond me.

Both parks seem be in a kind of flux just now but no doubt about it, they’re building towards something perfect by the tome FW opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.