Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Just saw a post on the HHN Facebook page. Don't know how to copy a link to here, but it said:
"This year at Universal Orlando’s all-new Halloween Horror Nights, the 80s return with a vengeance bringing with them some of the biggest frights of the era."
I guess they ARE playing up the 80's thing. Theme or not, it's definitely part of the marketing!
If I could count the times marketing did something different than the 'theme' we'd probably have a lot of examples...but joke's on you, I can't count past 10 cause I run out of fingers

EDIT -

Also, yes please.

I've had a concept and treatment for a while now that is essentially based off the premise of "Good news, you've inherited a massive fortune and mansion from an uncle you didn't know about! Bad news, you cousins and extended family aren't too pleased about that. Survive the night in the house with your less than supportive relatives, inherit the fortune; Lose and....well let's not think about that shall we...Let the games begin!"

Would be cool to see it play out! Mine was more based off of Clue and the "video will" trope, but still

I mean didn’t it connect to the original nightingales house?
Not really. They tweeted about sleep paralysis demons the day prior to the announcement and 12 days after the announcement with no indication they were related.

It's important to remember that the Nightingales are not demons, they do not have the ability to paralyze their victims (they used medication in Blood Prey, which they won't have in Blood Pit), and do not attack when their victims are sleeping.

In other words: Nightingales do not relate.

Attachments

• CAD15B7F-8265-405C-9ABD-EB14F8DE1263.jpeg
    CAD15B7F-8265-405C-9ABD-EB14F8DE1263.jpeg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 126A0BCF-CA12-4091-BA08-F3F4BCA91D65.png
    126A0BCF-CA12-4091-BA08-F3F4BCA91D65.png
    393.8 KB · Views: 19
Not really. They tweeted about sleep paralysis demons the day prior to the announcement and 12 days after the announcement with no indication they were related.

It's important to remember that the Nightingales are not demons, they do not have the ability to paralyze their victims (they used medication in Blood Prey, which they won't have in Blood Pit), and do not attack when their victims are sleeping.

In other words: Nightingales do not relate.

In fairness, it's quite possible that those running the Horror Nights social media account did not understand that. "Nightingale" isn't too far removed from "sleep paralysis" if you don't know what the Nightingales, a niche character that last appeared in a cameo 4 years ago, are.

In fairness, it's quite possible that those running the Horror Nights social media account did not understand that. "Nightingale" isn't too far removed from "sleep paralysis" if you don't know what the Nightingales, a niche character that last appeared in a cameo 4 years ago, are.
If the social media team thinks "cult" connects to the next announcement, they're reaching.

If the social media team thinks "cult" connects to the next announcement, they're reaching.

All due respect to the social media team (I doubt they get paid that much after all), but I don't think they're exactly the brains of the operation.