Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I hate to play the "bias" card, but I would imagine a LOT of you would be crapping all over Disney if something similar happened with their new ride.

People that have been planning their vacations around this should be upset that the ride won't be open for full day for the foreseeable future.

I hope UOR can get this ride operating on a regular basis soon. Really stinks for those hoping to ride in the morning before the typical crowds show up.

Some of the replies to that are brutal. :surprised:

As much as I like to tease some of the members on here about bias, holy crap are those Disney folks lunatics.

Theme park wars are dumb! There is no reason to "defend" either. Let both parks be judged equally for their mistakes and achievements!!

Last edited:
I hate to play the "bias" card, but I would imagine a LOT of you would be crapping all over Disney if something similar happened with their new ride.

People that have been planning their vacations around this should be upset that the ride won't be open for full day for the foreseeable future.

I hope UOR can get this ride operating on a regular basis soon. Really stinks for those hoping to ride in the morning before the typical crowds show up.
Umm the ride opens with typical crowds lol, where have you been?

I would absolutely show the same disappointment towards Disney as I have for UO right now if that were the case. I wonder how the crowd feels now who were so strongly defending the ops of this ride over the past 5 days now that UO has admitted fault?

These are the real losers here and straight up disrespectful of people's time and money by UO opening this thing before it was ready for prime time.

I'm not naming names, but you know who you are...lol.

It's all good. Like I said, the Disney Fanatics are WAY worse....which is why I post here and not on Magic... ha ha...ok back on topic.

As much as I like to tease some of the members on here about bias, holy crap are those Disney folks lunatics.

Theme park wars are dumb! There is no reason to "defend" either. Let both parks be judged equally for their mistakes and achievements!!

Reason why I only read this forum and follow select people on social for parks. Lots of bashing and unnecessary conflict. Disney fans complain about Universal and Disney when they make decisions. I like the middle ground that can have a civilized argument but have an understanding that it's ok to like both parks.

Not sure about that? They could easily roll up a platform next to it. It's not that off the ground.
It seems quite strange. They have a set of LSMs down there too, so unless those aren't strong enough to push the train back up to the flat section (which I highly doubt), it sounds like nonsense

I look at this new development as Universal pretty much admitting publicly that they opened this thing up too early.

Funny enough a few months ago we were complaining about no opening date being announced. Universal had a rare moment of announcing an opening date early. I'm sure this hassle will now revert them back to announcing opening dates closer.

The flip side is if they decided to move the date because it wasn't ready - those same people would be complaining because their vacation was ruined. It just seemed to be the perfect storm of issues, with the recent hiccup, to more demand than anticipated, recent weather, etc. The best they could've done was to offer more communication. However, it seems everyone who was in attendance has a different story of how the opening week has been handled. Some were happy with the communication, some were not. I'd argue it's not really an Ops issue, either - but a #Intamin one. Universal employees, especially the Hagrid TM's are doing the best they can with what they were given. Either way, it seems Universal has figured the best way to handle it going forward. Hopefully that helps any issues get sorted.

Funny enough a few months ago we were complaining about no opening date being announced. Universal had a rare moment of announcing an opening date early. I'm sure this hassle will now revert them back to announcing opening dates closer.

Yup!! Funny how that works...

Don't be surprised if we don't get opening dates this far ahead again.

The flip side is if they decided to move the date because it wasn't ready - those same people would be complaining because their vacation was ruined. It just seemed to be the perfect storm of issues, with the recent hiccup, to more demand than anticipated, recent weather, etc. The best they could've done was to offer more communication. However, it seems everyone who was in attendance has a different story of how the opening week has been handled. Some were happy with the communication, some were not. I'd argue it's not really an Ops issue, either - but a #Intamin one. Universal employees, especially the Hagrid TM's are doing the best they can with what they were given. Either way, it seems Universal has figured the best way to handle it going forward. Hopefully that helps any issues get sorted.

Yup!! Funny how that works...

Don't be surprised if we don't get opening dates this far ahead again.

They will more than likely now wait on having a soft opening (or at least having more TM previews) before they announce an opening date.

By the time they realized it wouldn’t be ready to open, it was already too late to push back the opening. Unexpected issues like what happened suck, especially when they’re that late into testing, but there isn’t much they can do at that point.

If they were smart, they would start giving out small free samples of food from Big Fire to the people in line. That way they could make standing in line more tolerable and promote their new upcoming restaurant.

I’m sure 3 or 4 years from now Universal will come out with a press release like “By the way, we are coming out with a new theme park next week. Hope you enjoy it!”

Last edited by a moderator: