Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if any lessons are learned....is they need to incorporate show scenes for this ride to increase the level of enjoyment. Even one to two show scenes within the ride not just at the beginning will probably add a lot of good will to the ride.

Sorry to beat a dead horse and derail but I’ve been going to universal for what feels like forever and I’ve never been at IOA when it’s rained and thought “there’s nothing to do here.”

Like it never even crossed my mind that most of IOA’s rides were outdoors because it has never been an issue. Sure it has rained when I’ve been there but most of the time people hunker up in queue exits until it passes, they don’t walk across the park and try find an indoor ride. People don’t continue walking round theme parks when it’s raining, they wait it out in one place or leave.

Anyway sorry , I hope we get a couple show scenes and some decent set dressing on this. Also it would be wise for universal to test this thing to death before opening lol.

To throw a wild idea out there.

Could this new bridge be the main entrance into JP from that side of the park?

If they close the other pathway, it frees up a lot of room, maybe even for a great dining hall restaurant.

I know it creates a dead end in Hogsmeade but it does create a more immersive experience within the land and it stops you seeing HP from just after the JP arch.

Hmm. I could maybe see having the current main bridge open only during peak season and/or after the light show. I do like the immersion items you pointed out, and besides, the Lost Continent entrance is the one where you really get the 1-2-punch of the castle over Hogsmeade.

As far as the JP coaster goes, I feel we are all going insane by the lack of official information. We are living in a time of leaks and what we can physically see.

This may have been answered before, but do we know the exact layout for the ride at the moment? Will this get into the water at all? Not like physically getting wet but does the track go over the lagoon?

View attachment 9900
The permit plans are posted, but it’s only 2D land use. But it does go over water from what is currently zoned.

***edit: not official, subject to change***
Here’s a more current version of the track layout. The top hat and 540 over the bridge is more up to date on this:

JP-Coaster-Layout-2-07.jpg

Awesome, thanks! Liking the layout for sure. Excited for the speed on this guy

EDIT: Thanks for the update Alicia! Loving the show scenes, its what put coasters like this, Hagrid, Mummy above the rest in my opinion. Going to be difficult waiting another 2 years for this!

I can't wait to hear all of the complaints on the bridge area becoming 'Net City'. Hopefully they can blend them in a bit better than Hulk's.

With Coke as the sponsor for Watering Hole, I'm sure all changes must go through them for approval.

Would there be room in the land for both? We didn't visit Watering Hole on our trip--what alcoholic drinks do they serve there?(the official site is failing me at work) Isla Nu-Bar seems heavily focused on tropical cocktails and frozen mixes, so it could be another option in the land

Would there be room in the land for both? We didn't visit Watering Hole on our trip--what alcoholic drinks do they serve there?(the official site is failing me at work) Isla Nu-Bar seems heavily focused on tropical cocktails and frozen mixes, so it could be another option in the land
Watering Hole has a few tropical specialty drinks, but nothing too elaborate, and no fancy tiki cups. But they do have a fairly full bar to make any drink you want.

Watering Hole has a few tropical specialty drinks, but nothing too elaborate, and no fancy tiki cups. But they do have a fairly full bar to make any drink you want.
Watering Hole’s issue has always been its horrendous theming and outdoor location. In a perfect world they build a themed bar there with indoor and outdoor seating...and preferable a little scene with an actual watering hole and some herbivore AAs*

*Yes I know I’m pushing my luck

Status
Not open for further replies.