Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

People's fandom is threatened by this ride...They did the same thing when Diagon, Hogsmede, etc opened

Absolutely the same thing! The hardcores know that universal has done something amazing, and i believe it hurts them literally. Like Dafuq?

QuaintWelllitFirecrest-small.gif

Jeepers, I watch this thread all day yesterday and nothing. I go to bed and all hell breaks loose!

I agree that announcing an opening date was a bad fit for Uni after all these years.

I also agree that this is the best decision they could make right now. Much clearer intent for everyone.

Last edited:
I thought it was a red flag when they didn’t make IOA part of early entry.

Anyone have an answer to why they stopped doing this? This was the case last year even before Hagrids. IOA just stopped the early park admission completely. I’m hoping they incorporate that again soon, especially for Hagrids. I get a lot of you guys are local and don’t stay at the on-site hotels, but that was always a perk that made it worth spending the extra money on to stay onsite.

They had early entry for Hogsmeade and Diagon Ally when both of those opened. It seems weird they didn’t have it for Hagrid’s.

Anyone have an answer to why they stopped doing this? This was the case last year even before Hagrids. IOA just stopped the early park admission completely. I’m hoping they incorporate that again soon, especially for Hagrids. I get a lot of you guys are local and don’t stay at the on-site hotels, but that was always a perk that made it worth spending the extra money on to stay onsite.
Did it? I thought they alternate parks for early entry month by month?

I've been meaning to mention this, but another reason it would be inconvenient to delay the opening date - UO already had the media events set up and all the Potter actors that were coming to the parks. It probably wouldn't be very easy to get them to change their travel plans.

Is this a good look? Nope, but let’s not act like three days of public softs was gonna change anything. They announced a date and then an issue happened close to that date. So like others have said do you push your opening and tick off a bunch of people who planned and paid to be there then? That is probably worse for the brand. This just means Universal isn’t announcing anything ever again.

They are letting people line up.
I’m kind of surprised people will knowingly wait in a line until the afternoon to ride this.
If anything NOW is the time to get a reservation system in place.
Making people wait in a line until noon seems a tad unfair.

I’m kind of surprised people will knowingly wait in a line until the afternoon to ride this.
No ones making them wait that early.

And even in recent days when people waited from 7am to noon when the ride opened late, it was only 2-3.5 hour wait after opening, so I don’t see much benefit of waiting 5 hours before the ride even opens. I’d be fine leaving, enjoying the park, and popping into line 11:30 to wait 3 hours then, rather than waste all morning.

That is, until the thunderstorms roll in.

Which, by the way, is the main reason I don’t think Virtual Line is even possible right now. If it storms, multiple return windows will stack and you end up with a long line anyway.

It's a common and bad trend Universal opening rides, parks and hotels too early.
Surly there are unforeseen delays every single time and every single time it's not ready. In the end they fix it but it is bad show and unprofessional. If a ride, park or hotel was in "technical rehearsal" than no one would complain. If the big opening is a month or two later, no one will complain. But if you say the ride is open, book your vacation, and it's close half of the time than it's ignoring the customer experience.
This clearly has to change Universal and if you want to have help with that you can contact me for my usual fee.

This is for the best in the long run. Hopefully, they get it figured out in these two weeks as my trip starts July 1. I wouldn't be surprised if they extended that policy well into next month, however. Just have to plan accordingly.

I almost didnt wait but I'm only in town till Thursday so it was now or I wait a few months. There is a decent amount of people waiting but we are all past the backstage area so not too bad.