Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

So I might be braving this in November. Feel free to tell me i'm making a mistake but it's going to be the only time i'm in Florida till late 2020 at the earliest :dance: I'l bring a pack of cards to keep myself entertained in the all-day queues!

So I might be braving this in November. Feel free to tell me i'm making a mistake but it's going to be the only time i'm in Florida till late 2020 at the earliest :dance: I'l bring a pack of cards to keep myself entertained in the all-day queues!
If you have other people with you, download the phone game “Heads Up”. It’s pretty good for a free game, especially to pass time with your group. Or, make some new friends in the line and get them to play lol. And good luck!

I just did another WDW hotel check for the mid November week I'm staying on site at WDW. I booked early since on my past vacations WDW rooms usually start getting scarce 6 to 9 months before. It looks like all of the resorts still have most of their room classifications open. This is a real surprise to me with GESWL opening in a couple of months. This is an interesting development. I wonder when the room vacancies will start to disappear.......And, I checked the first week GESWL is open at WDW. Nearly every hotel on site still has plenty of room classifications available. And that's only 9 weeks away.

I just did another WDW hotel check for the mid November week I'm staying on site at WDW. I booked early since on my past vacations WDW rooms usually start getting scarce 6 to 9 months before. It looks like all of the resorts still have most of their room classifications open. This is a real surprise to me with GESWL opening in a couple of months. This is an interesting development. I wonder when the room vacancies will start to disappear.......And, I checked the first week GESWL is open at WDW. Nearly every hotel on site still has plenty of room classifications available. And that's only 9 weeks away.

Everyone's waiting for Rise of the Resistance apparently. :ears:

Calm down, we don't want him to get a big head! ;) :bolt:

Damn right though.
Have you ever seen Brian? He already has a big head. ;):rimshot:....Anyway, his analysis is looking right on. I bet they open RotR before they were going to. And, I definitely don't see WDW putting a lot of restrictions out there like Anaheim did, especially since WDW still has loads of hotel rooms not booked yet. They're probably saying, orderly crowds be damned, give us the Pandora crush. :lol: ....Edit: I see Joe beat me to it by a millisecond.

Yup Disneyland reservation system only let people get clear info of how much of a shot they had to get in if everyone else showed up. Combined with blackouts why show up at all. It's not like they discounted tickets. They blacked out passes and raised the price on discount multi days like 25% or more at the same time. If one is going to pay out the nose may as well wait until the other ride opens. No way Disney world has any sort of reservation system. Once people realize early they aren't going to get in due to reservations being full, bookings will take a hard nose dive. Even if Disney did reservations for on site guests only a bunch of people would still get locked out unless they are dvc. I bet Disneyland next time for a large opening just pays more cast members to deal with crowds vs give the public the info they need to know they cant get in.

Disney world figured this out a long time ago. You gotta be able to blame the guest for not getting getting into something that has built in limited capacity. You make that capacity"available" to everyone via showing up early or waiting in line or paying for a direct up-charge. then when you take their money from full price tickets you can still say it wasn't our fault.

Last edited:
DHS Opening is sneaking up on us. Only a little more than 50 days.

Looking forward to this when I visit in November. Hopefully they add some entertainment by then. I like how this design has a considerable forested area separating the Rise of the Resistance area from the rest of Galaxy's Edge. I think once RotR opens, the forested division will give it a look and feel of where it's more like two lands than one. It's slightly different layout looks more isolated than the division of the two areas in Disneyland, which can be a good thing. It appears you won't see much of the urban area, except for the tops of the buildings in the distance, when you're at ground level in the RotR area, since the winding forested path cuts off your view. I like the look of this area at DHS over the comparable Disneyland RotR area that's narrow and more formal looking landscape wise.

Last edited:
For the past few months I've posted about the large availability of almost all WDW resort hotel rooms this Fall. Earlier today WDW released a 20% off offer for most of their onsite hotels for portions of the the Fall & Holiday Season. They also are offering a Free Dining plan for various resorts for the following dates Sept. 1-Sept. 18. Nov. 17-Nov. 27th. Dec. 8-Dec. 23. .....Very interesting.

For the past few months I've posted about the large availability of almost all WDW resort hotel rooms this Fall. Earlier today WDW released a 20% off offer for most of their onsite hotels for portions of the the Fall & Holiday Season. They also are offering a Free Dining plan for various resorts for the following dates Sept. 1-Sept. 18. Nov. 17-Nov. 27th. Dec. 8-Dec. 23. .....Very interesting.

What do they expect?

They tell you that you need to book your hotels a year in advance, dining 6 months and rides 2 months out. Then they announce that their big project is opening earlier than expected after everybody has already booked.