Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

If you look at the app IOA gets early park admission back in August. Usually it alternates With both being open early for peak times. However I believe with hagrids opening they wanted everyone to get a fair shot at getting in line hence usf getting 2 months early entry in a row

If you look at the app IOA gets early park admission back in August. Usually it alternates With both being open early for peak times. However I believe with hagrids opening they wanted everyone to get a fair shot at getting in line hence usf getting 2 months early entry in a row

Actually the UOR app's "Monthly Operating Hours" is currently showing that BOTH parks will have early (8am) entry starting August 1st. (Thought it might be a mistake so I checked other dates and June & July show that only USF has early entry.)

Line just reopened after the weather delay.

Edit: after playing the “lesson has resumed” spiel, no less than 30 seconds later we got a “technical issues” message

Quick question for a friend and putting it here cause this is an active thread.

Are ECV’s able to navigate the queues of this and all other attractions at Universal? In all my visits to the parks I never noticed.

Annnnnd weather delay again. Good news is apparently if they flush you out of the queue they are giving return times for the next day to come up the exit, at least that’s what they did last night.

We’ve been in another (so 3rd today) weather delay. No guarantee that this will end/will be up to them if they decide to flush the line, but if they do the ride ran for only 3-4 hours today.

Edit: Line flushed again at 9:30.

Last edited:
I waited 5 hours for Hagrid's tonight. As said before, line was flushed @ 9:30. TMs were very apologetic and gave us expresses to come back (ironically they can be used for LITERALLY any attraction except Pteranodon Flyers, I still find that funny)

Long-time reader, so I finally created an account to ask some questions to you knowledgeable, passionate folks! I am from out of town for the weekend, and my family wanted to do a one day park-to-park on Saturday. We are not annual pass holders, so this is a rare(ish) treat for us to get to the parks. After all this chatter, I’m nervous about going to the parks now... our main reason of picking USF over WDW was that we love HP and have been tracking the Hagrid ride since DC closed. Are we stupid to do one day park to park—with our last visit 4 years ago—and expect to ride this? Especially with how operations have been?

Also, Jonathan, how do the express pass compensations work with those with a one day pass?

Long-time reader, so I finally created an account to ask some questions to you knowledgeable, passionate folks! I am from out of town for the weekend, and my family wanted to do a one day park-to-park on Saturday. We are not annual pass holders, so this is a rare(ish) treat for us to get to the parks. After all this chatter, I’m nervous about going to the parks now... our main reason of picking USF over WDW was that we love HP and have been tracking the Hagrid ride since DC closed. Are we stupid to do one day park to park—with our last visit 4 years ago—and expect to ride this? Especially with how operations have been?

Also, Jonathan, how do the express pass compensations work with those with a one day pass?

That's a question for guest services. The TMs redirected those people to guest services

Quick question for a friend and putting it here cause this is an active thread.

Are ECV’s able to navigate the queues of this and all other attractions at Universal? In all my visits to the parks I never noticed.
It is different depending on the ride. Hogwarts Castle and Men in Black you can get really far with an EV. Other rides you need to walk or if that is impossible there are wheelchairs that can be pushed by a companion or a team member will help. Just get the assist card, go up to a team member at the ride and ask them, they are super nice and will do a lot to help. Almost all rides you need to be able to transfer yourself into the ride vehicle.

The only times they open both parks for early admission is during the very peak expected crowd days. Rest of the time it's one park or the other, generally pretty evenly divided over the course of the year. HHN is usually USF early admission since the park closes early for HHN.

Ok gotcha. I go in August every year and there’s always early admission in both parks, except last year. Hoping Hagrids is back to operating on a regular schedule in 2 months time. I have no issue lining up earlier in the morning if I have to.