Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To speak on the subject of a location at the tram garage..

could it be more possible, that instead of using the parking lot outside, that they use the parking plot right next to Margaritaville/Curious George Parking?

upload_2019-6-17_21-0-37.png

I'm not that well versed on locations, but it does seem that the tram garage and the outer area is integral to that of the parks, for the obvious. And part of me would think, that there'd be safety risks with putting a tent right outside one of the most busy BtS locations for the park.

Food for thought, is all. There could be some safety risks when it comes to the road blocks, but I would think that could be a situation that could be theoretically solved.

Food for thought, is all. There could be some safety risks when it comes to the road blocks, but I would think that could be a situation that could be theoretically solved.

I know when I went in 99 they used the tram garage at night and still ran the trams during the day.

However I was wondering about the safety issue. I am pretty sure in 99 the tram garage wasn't as vital as it is now.

I don't think the tram has been "awful" by any stretch...one of my personal all-time favorite moments at HHN was the Chucky tram year, when you actually got off the tram and they synchronized that chainsaw attack—maybe the scare actors were just really feeling it that night, because it scared the hell out of me lol. I also still like the Psycho house photo op. But I definitely think it disrupts the flow of the night. It just takes effort to actually get down there and if you don't like what they're doing, it can feel like a waste of time. Totally get why people are sick of it.

I don't think the tram has been "awful" by any stretch...one of my personal all-time favorite moments at HHN was the Chucky tram year, when you actually got off the tram and they synchronized that chainsaw attack—maybe the scare actors were just really feeling it that night, because it scared the hell out of me lol. I also still like the Psycho house photo op. But I definitely think it disrupts the flow of the night. It just takes effort to actually get down there and if you don't like what they're doing, it can feel like a waste of time. Totally get why people are sick of it.

Yeah, I guess after you go through it a couple of times, it starts to feel old. I'll be missing the Psycho house photo-op, but I also acknowledge that they'll be saving a lot of maze budget by closing the Tram. Hopefully, they can make the upside down in ST2 feel massive this year.

I agree the past couple years the Tram has been awful at best. I am just worried about loosing a big crowd eater though.
If the rumor is true about a maze or two going in around the tram garage, think about this: Tram has to shut down around 11:15 every night. If you put a maze it two in its place, they can run all night. That would actually call for better capacity.
Well, I’be been going consecutively since 2009. I’ve only really enjoyed ‘09’s and ‘16’s trams. Every other tram felt boring at best. I’m over it.

Reactions: Clive
2007's tram was fun considering Jack was running around at certain parts, but I'd say my favorite tram years are tied with 2008 (because of the variety of monsters that were apart of Freddy's "nightmares") and 2016 cause Harry was killin it! 2018 was fine IMO (especially compared to the previous years). Overall, 2010, 2011, and 2014 were the worst tram years to me.

Reactions: DTH
Along with Freak, I've probably been one of the biggest tram haters over the years. I've gone every year since 2011 and the only tram I would call good was '16. The rest are mediocre to offensively bad. That being said, I will kinda miss it this year. I've definitely gotten used to it being an HHN staple, and it's gonna be weird going through the event and it not be there anymore. We get more houses though so it's for the better, it's just gonna take some getting used to. And at least I got to go on the last tram ever, so that's something.

The past couple of years the first part was good, especially if you caught an organized chainsaw start, but after that it was the worst conga line ever. In 16 with Hollywood Harry they did it pretty well by having 2 different routes. I even went twice to get the second path, but Titans of Terror and even last years was just awful after getting past the Bates Motel.

To be honest, I really liked 2018's tram, but more for what it wanted to be rather than its actual execution, as it was definitely going for a wackier EC Comics/Tales From the Crypt sort of thing with its story, even if in practice it sorta ended up being a lot of reused props and costumes. I also appreciated the extra characterization given to Harry this time around, I think the actual videos on the tram may have been the best part. If only I could find the source clips online.

To be honest, I really liked 2018's tram, but more for what it wanted to be rather than its actual execution, as it was definitely going for a wackier EC Comics/Tales From the Crypt sort of thing with its story, even if in practice it sorta ended up being a lot of reused props and costumes. I also appreciated the extra characterization given to Harry this time around, I think the actual videos on the tram may have been the best part. If only I could find the source clips online.

The comic book theme honestly sold it for me and I loved spotting and recognizing everything from the 2017 mazes

Reactions: MacMillian Crew