Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

Eh. I just think replacing Toon Lagoon is a mistake. It's a good land that just needs some TLC
Agreed, I am completely in the Toon Lagoon camp

It has two highly rated water rides, two quick service restaurants, and a play area for the kids

It's almost a 'classic' land at this point

I would put a heavier emphasis on Betty Boop, Popeye, Dudley, and Rocky and Bullwinkle though

I mean, Ive mentioned it here before, but I still think a little Dreamworks area would be fantastic. Theres so many IPs from them id assume some will be used outside of FW, or used in both. Taking the lost continent building and bringing in the Kung Fu Panda show, along with a chinese themed restaurant would be lovely, and as I mentioned, gimme that How To Train Your Dragon show.

It has two highly rated water rides, two quick service restaurants, and a play area for the kids

I would put a heavier emphasis on Betty Boop, Popeye, Dudley, and Rocky and Bullwinkle though
Betty Boop YES!!!....Seriously though, the Betty Boop merch must sell really well. it's just about everywhere in the parks, mostly with large displays.

If we don't get a slow-moving dark ride of some form in Toon Lagoon Theater, I would be cool with something taking the place of Poseidon's if it was heavy on AAs and practical effects (which UO seems to have realized we all want, thank you Hagrid). Although that would be next to Cat in the Hat...which is a slowish moving dark ride. So maybe scrap my thoughts.

There's a lot of coaster in IOA, not a lot of slow rides, but LC needs something.

I really agree- I’m a huge fan of the original Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons and I can never understand how there’s not a single piece of merchandise related to those characters available for sale. It seems to put the land at a disadvantage in terms of generating interest among casual guests. They could promote those properties much better. I asked this not too long ago on here, but does Bullwinkle even do meet and greets anymore?

Those were among the most humorous cartoons ever made. I grew up with Rocky/Bullwinkle and the rest of the Jay Ward cartoon gang. They're timeless humor.

They’re classics. I’m also a huge Hanna-Barbara fan so between that old ride at Studios and Toon Lagoon when it first opened, I had all my bases covered. I actually didn’t know how good I had it at the time ha.

It would be nice if they did some back of house restructuring so LC and others could expand into that land. Universal could really use a new HR building, would love to see a seven story building housing HR+other administration, would allow offices to be moved, buildings demolished, and further land expansion.

But, I foresee them doing the 'best with what they've got' for now.
So speaking of this, today in the Universal Expansion thread everyone is talking about how Universal may move part of it's back of house operations to the Dr Phillips HS. If true, they could be doing as I mentioned and freeing up space for further expansion at IOA/USF.

Last edited:
Those were among the most humorous cartoons ever made. I grew up with Rocky/Bullwinkle and the rest of the Jay Ward cartoon gang. They're timeless humor.
I can even appreciate them. Peabody's Improbable History was in constant rotation when I was a kid, so I can safely say there's something really funny about those shows being purely comprised of professionally-written dad jokes.