Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Hogsmeade would survive with a dead end. Especially with the show on Hogwarts Castle, it creates huge bottlenecks throughout the land with people wanting to get up close to see the show. The only real way in during that time is through the Hogmeade arch and the only real way out when it gets super packed can be the JP bridge unless you want to deal with going against the masses.

Yeah, I agree you can't have a total dead end at hogsmeade for crowd control reasons, but you could remove the JP bridge and instead have a pathway that snakes behind the 3 broomsticks similar to Hollywoods path and drops you off at the Jurassic Park waterfront area?

Yeah, I agree you can't have a total dead end at hogsmeade for crowd control reasons, but you could remove the JP bridge and instead have a pathway that snakes behind the 3 broomsticks similar to Hollywoods path and drops you off at the Jurassic Park waterfront area?
Why do that? People love the bridge for photo ops, and to watch the night shows, and it creates excellent grand entrances into Jurassic Park & Hogsmeade. Why hide that grandeur with a hidden obscure pathway.

Wow, I’ve never heard of that before and the last stable release was a long time ago but the output looks good. Nice and crisp.
Yea, it’s something I've used since the 1990s and I’m used to. Easy for me to do graphics quick and dirty. I use Photoshop for logos and permanent stuff, but Good old fashioned PhotoImpact is always there for me to whip up a quick track layout or meme.

Why do that? People love the bridge for photo ops, and to watch the night shows, and it creates excellent grand entrances into Jurassic Park & Hogsmeade. Why hide that grandeur with a hidden obscure pathway.
I totally get the views are good from the bridge, but once you step foot on the Jurassic Park side it's a pretty rough mix of Harry Potter and Jurassic theming. Maybe even rebuilding and angling the bridge more toward the new Jurassic waterfront area would be a better idea? Although that would be a lot of work for Universal for only a small gain

I feel like a new arch should be at the end of the bridge. The old one can be removed for more of a blend of forest into jungle area

I totally get the views are good from the bridge, but once you step foot on the Jurassic Park side it's a pretty rough mix of Harry Potter and Jurassic theming. Maybe even rebuilding and angling the bridge more toward the new Jurassic waterfront area would be a better idea? Although that would be a lot of work for Universal for only a small gain
yeah, they just need a little more foliage to complete the transition.

She may be accidentally relating towards Jurassic World: The Ride at USH (as it has been publicly put out of her involvement), but it definitely wouldn't shock me if she's involved with the queue videos for the coaster.
Not sure how she could confuse JW: The Ride for a Roller Coaster. I know when actors are filming things for theme parks they don't always know what it's for exactly, but the fact that she said Coaster explicitly is telling to me.

Plus, with USH being right next to the backlot, many celebrities actually know what the Jurassic ride is at USH (and tbh, i'd be slightly surprised if she hasn't been on the ride).

Watering Hole’s issue has always been its horrendous theming and outdoor location. In a perfect world they build a themed bar there with indoor and outdoor seating...and preferable a little scene with an actual watering hole and some herbivore AAs*

*Yes I know I’m pushing my luck
Truth, it's oddly 'back porch' feeling...which in a highly detailed theme park is kind of strange

I would like to see Isla Nu Bar to be honest though

Saw this on Twitter and thought I'd share it here. Seems Bryce Dallas Howard might have done some work for a roller coaster. I wonder what that could've been for..

She may be talking about the 'rollercoaster' they built for the film...Or maybe she filmed some stuff for the new ride...Or maybe she thinks USH's ride is a rollercoaster....or maybe she's just drunk

If Universal does a similar update to JPRA as they did at Hollywood, then, in conjunction with the new coaster, and a change in the name of Camp Jurassic to Camp Certaceous, they could market this as a NEW land in IOA, 'Jurassic World'. Great marketing tool to go up against MK 50th.
If what amounts to a refresh of one ride and a new coaster for one land is their game plan for going up against whatever grand festivities the 50th brings along with the new additions opening around that time I seriously wonder if Uni truly knows the scale they're up against unless the third park will be opening during the sure to be long and going into 2022 celebration.

If what amounts to a refresh of one ride and a new coaster for one land is their game plan for going up against whatever grand festivities the 50th brings along with the new additions opening around that time I seriously wonder if Uni truly knows the scale they're up against unless the third park will be opening during the sure to be long and going into 2022 celebration.

Not everything needs an answer, especially when they are getting ready to build that new park.

Not everything needs an answer, especially when they are getting ready to build that new park.
I know. I’m just going off what he said about JP to JW being their plan for it. If they do have a plan for the 50th, it’d have to be bigger than that is my argument.

I know. I’m just going off what he said about JP to JW being their plan for it. If they do have a plan for the 50th, it’d have to be bigger than that is my argument.
It's a thrill coaster. Both of Disney's offerings opening in 2021 are coasters anyway and this one will top both of them for a certain demographic. It'll be enough to get them by without it seeming like Disney completely had no competition the whole year. Then the big shoe drops with Fantastic Worlds.

It's a thrill coaster. Both of Disney's offerings opening in 2021 are coasters anyway and this one will top all of them for a certain demographic. It'll be enough to get them by without it seeming like Disney completely had no competition the whole year. Then the big shoe drops with Fantastic Worlds.

Also - people really love the Jurassic franchise. Movie quality be damned, they are crazy about those dinosaurs.

Also - people really love the Jurassic franchise. Movie quality be damned, they are crazy about those dinosaurs.

Not to mention, gives Universal a big potential marketing push for Jurassic World for 2021, in-part to the final film in the main JW trilogy hitting theaters during the summer.

It may not matter on the 50th in regards to this potential push for JW in Orlando.

Along with this new coaster is there any other news of them retheming the river adventure to Jurassic World?..btw in my opinion I like that Jurassic Park AND Jurassic World can both be represented in the land. I mean they both do exist in the same franchise. I’d actually like to see our River Adventure stay with the JP and maybe get some updates. And then Jurassic World being represented in the Raptor coaster ride. What does everybody think on this subject?..My dream ride scenario is still getting a dark ride JP/JW ride. But I don’t see that ever happening.

Along with this new coaster is there any other news of them retheming the river adventure to Jurassic World?..btw in my opinion I like that Jurassic Park AND Jurassic World can both be represented in the land. I mean they both do exist in the same franchise. I’d actually like to see our River Adventure stay with the JP and maybe get some updates. And then Jurassic World being represented in the Raptor coaster ride. What does everybody think on this subject?..My dream ride scenario is still getting a dark ride JP/JW ride. But I don’t see that ever happening.

From a guest standpoint, it's probably confusing to have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.