Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Perhaps, if what was also meant was walls for both sides being down by the end of the summer. I can't see why the walls for only one side would still need to be up in three months given how quickly the tombstones have started to be ushered offstage.
Once the stones are gone they need to remove all the pedestals and most likely form the new planters for each side. That’s where I’m thinking it will take all summer to get both sides finished. That also includes electric for the lights and water for bed irrigation.

If Wakanda comes to World Showcase as a new country, on a scale of 1-10, how tone deaf and stupid would that be?
It would fit right in since they can't build a Black Panther themed ride seeing as they seem to think that World Showcase countries don't need rides...

Is this something we should worry about at D23?

If Wakanda comes to World Showcase as a new country, on a scale of 1-10, how tone deaf and stupid would that be?

Chapek probably thinks Wakanda is a real country, so I'd bet he'd see it as a totally natural fit.

But seriously, if Disney can't use Black Panther himself, I don't know that they'd see a character-less Wakanda as a great investment for Florida.

The way it seems to me is that Disney could sort of package their Marvel characters as a Cosmic section of the park. I believe they have the rights for Shang-Chi and The Eternals should they want to use them as well. If they did it properly, it could sort of work as a sub-land of Future World.

But we all know they won't do it properly.

Dr Strange show was my pick to put in the WoL pavilion on my podcast the week before play pavilion was announced. That way they’d have a Marvel corner. Plus next to space ride. Tangentially related.

The way it seems to me is that Disney could sort of package their Marvel characters as a Cosmic section of the park. I believe they have the rights for Shang-Chi and The Eternals should they want to use them as well. If they did it properly, it could sort of work as a sub-land of Future World.

But we all know they won't do it properly.

Cosmic with magic is not Epcot.

Cosmic with magic is not Epcot.
I'm not saying it is, but I mean the park is much more likely to go this direction than back to Epcot's roots.

When I say it could work properly, I mean as best as possible within Epcot. Splitting Marvel stuff off from the rest of the park would be the preferred method as Alicia said above.