Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

The loud sound of motorcycles when you first walk up to the attraction is that on board audio or are there speakers hidden nearby?

If you are talking weather, then about the time it starts getting cold in Maine it begins drying out in Florida. Basically, winter in Maine is dry(er) in Florida.
;)Soooo first week in September until June 1st. (Maine winter months in between. When Bullwinkle the Moose leaves his footprints in the snow) . ;):lol:

The loud sound of motorcycles when you first walk up to the attraction is that on board audio or are there speakers hidden nearby?
It’s not. They have speakers at the entry arch that play motorbike sounds timed to the train passing by. It’s similar to the updated Hulk launch roar speakers.

After sitting there all week waiting for softs (to no avail) I can assure you the loud drive-by motorbike sounds heard at the entrance are part of the external speaker sound system and are not the on-board sound. When external sound is turned off, they go by almost silently. You have to get real close to hear the on board.

A good way to tell if external ride sound is off, is if the wolf cries are off at the exit.

Standing at the exit viewing area while the ride is running, you can hear the difference between the on board audio (as the train passes you) and the external speakers as it approaches the entry arch area, cause the external speakers are loud as heck!

I am going to do the new ride today and was wondering if it’s scary or intense? How bad are the drops? What ride is it like? Any feedback would be great! I’m a little hesitant on doing it but it just looks so fun not to do!

I am going to do the new ride today and was wondering if it’s scary or intense? How bad are the drops? What ride is it like? Any feedback would be great! I’m a little hesitant on doing it but it just looks so fun not to do!

It’s intense but not in huge drops and vibrations. Instead it’s the forces from launched and the lateral changes in going from heavily banked left and right turns.

I hope they are able to start finding some consistency in the maintenance schedule. It would be wonderful if for the next few weeks it could open like today just before 11. That should give it decent running time (minus the storms of course) and make queuing during the morning worthwhile.

Or get to a point where they can say that it's "opening at 11" or "opening at 12." That way people can plan their day easier.

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker first time poster from the UK! Been coming to Orlando since I was a child and have family here so I visit (usually) once a year. My sister actually works for one of the hotels at the resort.

There is a chance I might be coming to visit in November. What I love about visiting is when you take year long + gaps there is always new stuff to be excited about!

Hopefully there won't be sky high queues for this when I arrive as Hagride will be a pretty big reason for going to the park. I'm fully expecting Galaxies Edge to be a pain but I hope things will have calmed down a tad at Universal by then :grin:

Does anyone know if they let people queue again today before opening though?

Yes they go around Poseidon and end up waiting at the entrance to Sinbad, before they set up ropes to bring people to the actual ride entrance.

When the ride is moving the line moves fine, but weather issues will continue to be a problem for it. For those that don't know, the policy is after lightning has left the 5 mile radius zone, they wait a few minutes to make sure it doesn't come back, walk the track to make sure no trees fell down (why they have to do this manually and not with cameras is beyond me, but that was quoted from a ride op), cycle twice and then it's good. That whole process takes 30-40 minutes.

Yes they go around Poseidon and end up waiting at the entrance to Sinbad, before they set up ropes to bring people to the actual ride entrance.

When the ride is moving the line moves fine, but weather issues will continue to be a problem for it. For those that don't know, the policy is after lightning has left the 5 mile radius zone, they wait a few minutes to make sure it doesn't come back, walk the track to make sure no trees fell down (why they have to do this manually and not with cameras is beyond me, but that was quoted from a ride op), cycle twice and then it's good. That whole process takes 30-40 minutes.

They do a walk-through to make sure there's no damage, not necessarily just to see if trees are blocking the way. Cameras won't always be able to detect damage.