Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 604 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! New poster wanted to share my thoughts on this project so far.

Despite being an avid potter fan I am more excited for this. I do feel it has been a little too long since Universal had a proper rollercoaster. The potential comparisons to Taron really excite me!

Are we expecting 2020 or 2021 for this thing? Tracking the developments it does look like a while off before any major structures are being built. Has anyone noticed that on the app there has been an update which seems to accommodate the space for the supposed track layout? or is that just me seeing something that is not there :clap:

Are we expecting 2020 or 2021 for this thing? Tracking the developments it does look like a while off before any major structures are being built.
There's disagreement between if this could open next year vs 2021, not sure if we've reached a consensus on our guess.

I'd say if Bourne still opens this year, it means TPU's timeline was wrong, leaving 2020 open for this. But if Bourne is next year, I think the likely guess is 2021.

I know. I’m just going off what he said about JP to JW being their plan for it. If they do have a plan for the 50th, it’d have to be bigger than that is my argument.

Hogsmeade/Diagon gave us the false illusion that Universal is trying to go neck and neck with Disney. They simply aren't at Disney's level in terms of money, attendance, or scale. Nothing they do can top what Disney has the potential to do, simply because of ROI. At least not yet. Once park 3 opens, it's game on. But until that day, you can't look at them responding 1:1 to Disney.
In the meantime, we get fantastic additions like VB and Hagrid's which are certainly no slouches and yield fantastic returns for UOR. But Disney will simply yield a bigger hammer until UOR gets another park and (more importantly) more on-site rooms.

Hogsmeade/Diagon gave us the false illusion that Universal is trying to go neck and neck with Disney. They simply aren't at Disney's level in terms of money, attendance, or scale. Nothing they do can top what Disney has the potential to do, simply because of ROI. At least not yet. Once park 3 opens, it's game on. But until that day, you can't look at them responding 1:1 to Disney.
In the meantime, we get fantastic additions like VB and Hagrid's which are certainly no slouches and yield fantastic returns for UOR. But Disney will simply yield a bigger hammer until UOR gets another park and (more importantly) more on-site rooms.
Well yes that’s what I thought. I thought it was weird that it was brought up in the first place.

Reactions: Andysol
I remember around the time of VB opening, someone on either here or Orlando Informer forums said "Yep, Volcano Bay and more Potter will END Disney World" and I don't Ive ever heard a more misguided comment lol. I love and prefer Universal but no one and can compete with what Disney has done. Only respond :)

For this coaster though with the show scenes, are we expecting any animatronics?

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Probably something along the lines of this:
lxmJNJj.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Ah, seems great!!! Highly themed rollercoasters with show scenes, combining dark ride elements with coaster elements, ya, freaking loving what Universal is up to right now.

Final scene looks to me to be a screen tunnel. Leading rumor is we’re being chased by raptors when Owen saves us at the last second, then we turn left into load.

I mean it will have those two but wouldn’t say it’s a highly themed coaster like the poster was saying. It’s better than Hulk but far below Hagrids.

Jurassic related sidebar: I hope the Barry character is involved in some way. He's been drastically underused in the JW franchise so far, and with this being raptor-based it would be great to involve the whole raptor squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.