General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ride went down around 2 again for weather. Still in delay according to the app.

Ride op question. Does it go down for rain? Or does it take thunder in the area? I know rain and thunder together are very common in Florida, living in Houston I get that. Just curious if a rollercoaster like this can run in rain showers ?

Ride op question. Does it go down for rain? Or does it take thunder in the area? I know rain and thunder together are very common in Florida, living in Houston I get that. Just curious if a rollercoaster like this can run in rain showers ?
I rode in the rain

Reactions: hr13
It was running in pretty heavy rain when I was there a few days ago. I think the rule is close the ride if there's lightning within 5(?) miles of the park, but they'll close if the rain gets too hard as well.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
When is the dry season in Florida? That is when I am planning my trip.

Anytime I plan a vacation centered on outdoors I consult the averages on weather.com broken down by month. Scroll to the bottom to see a cool chart. Shows avg high, avg low and avg precip. in inches per mo. Very visual too. You can see that clearly nov and dec are driest in Orlando area, while June is wettest

Orlando, FL Monthly Weather Forecast - weather.com

Speaking only for myself, I will never purposefully pay an arm and a leg to stand in huge lines, bake in the hottest months and get rained on at Disney and Universal. My wife and I both support pulling our kids for a week out of school and we will visit in early to mid November before the Thanksgiving rush. I feel it isn’t as disruptive if they children are in grade school. I realize some won’t agree or others are teachers themselves thus can only go on break.....but since I have the choice I won’t do it. Been twice to Disney when a bit younger and the lines were manageable or non existent in Nov and Dec outside of the holidays. Weather mid 70s or low 80s hottest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime I plan a vacation centered on outdoors I consult the averages on weather.com broken down by month. Scroll to the bottom to see a cool chart. Shows avg high, avg low and avg precip. in inches per mo. Very visual too. You can see that clearly nov and dec are driest in Orlando area, while June is wettest

Orlando, FL Monthly Weather Forecast - weather.com
Yes, I do the same. Generally the averages work out decently. We've had a couple of trips with deviations, but for the most part it works well. As I've said before, never ever June/July/August for me. I'm not a masochist. :lol: I have a ton of Florida relatives. A few of them have made a habit of long visits ,staying at my home, to get out of that murderous Florida summer. Why would I go where they don't even want to be.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Visiting from OOT and trying to come up with a new strategy for our visit to Hagrid this Saturday.. if anyone is there and can help our family of four out by sharing tips, their own experience, and opening times for the day, that would be lovely. Thanks! You have been awesome!

Visiting from OOT and trying to come up with a new strategy for our visit to Hagrid this Saturday.. if anyone is there and can help our family of four out by sharing tips, their own experience, and opening times for the day, that would be lovely. Thanks! You have been awesome!
Today they told us one person in your party can wait in line and the rest can enjoy the park until midday. They’ll tell you a password to return to your family. Really nice of them. Plus, music, free water and characters have been out all morning.