Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

It almost might be better if they just run this with two trains for a while... at least the line would move a bit more quickly. That said, if you really want to ride this thing for the first time, please wait three more months.

Wouldn’t it be a pisser if the amount of trains they wanted this to run with is just too often for the LSMs to cool down in time? Mercy...

edit edit edit (i had no idea that lsm tech heats up. sure explains those to green electrical buildings in the middle of the attraction)

Last edited:
It almost might be better if they just run this with two trains for a while... at least the line would move a bit more quickly. That said, if you really want to ride this thing for the first time, please wait three more months.

Wouldn’t it be a pisser if the amount of trains they wanted this to run with is just too often for the LSMs to cool down in time? Mercy...

Let’s make a roller coaster with 7 launches! What could possibly go wrong?

Maybe they should have added that break on the spike after all.

Just joking...BUT...this is one of the few recent Universal attractions that didn't use the traditional Universal "and something terrible goes wrong" story line....So, it looks like the ride's mystical creature spirit rebelled and instituted the "and something terrible goes wrong" story line into the 'real' ride experience. ;):lol:

This is a particularly bad example of what happens when different parts of these billion dollar resorts doing a very poor job of communicating and planing together. But when you have basically a different company build it than the ones that have to market it, maintain, and operate it bad things can happen. All these different business units have different goals, agendas and timeliness. And the same thing is true of Imagineering and TDO so I'm not sure how you even fix it.

This is a particularly bad example of what happens when different parts of these billion dollar resorts doing a very poor job of communicating and planing together. But when you have basically a different company build it than the ones that have to market it, maintain, and operate it bad things can happen. All these different business units have different goals, agendas and timeliness. And the same thing is true of Imagineering and TDO so I'm not sure how you even fix it.

I’m literally in lean manufacturing classes now. Hire me UOR!

So it seems like today was the first day I’ve read multiple complaints from people about how Universal is handing the situation. Hopefully today will be a learning experience for them.

So it seems like today was the first day I’ve read multiple complaints from people about how Universal is handing the situation. Hopefully today will be a learning experience for them.

Oh like this little beauty that they have since deleted?

D9iukOWX4AIDVEJ.jpg:large

Oh like this little beauty that they have since deleted?

D9iukOWX4AIDVEJ.jpg:large

I have a bit of a problem with this as this response is the only one being shared - so naturally anyone with a bone to grind is going to have a field day. This is actually their 2nd response to the user, who kept on after their initial “we’re sorry”. It could’ve been worded better, but it’s being blown out of proportion.

I have a bit of a problem with this as this response is the only one being shared - so naturally anyone with a bone to grind is going to have a field day. This is actually their 2nd response to the user, who kept on after their initial “we’re sorry”. It could’ve been worded better, but it’s being blown out of proportion.

We also have to remember these are human beings on the other side. I'm sure they're getting bombarded with complaints. It's only natural to have a slip up and respond curtly. We all make mistakes.

I wonder if they meant you can leave and return (they've been allowing that - they were giving tickets last time I was there) and forget the second part!

I feel like if that were the case it would have been amended and not deleted entirely by whoever is overseeing the GR twitter account.

Brian - I'm sorry but if you were stuck in that line for 6 hours, 2 hours being in the room with no A/C, I don't think this would have been your response sir. Did you know one of the switch back rooms is lacking any air circulation or air conditioning? Or was that not included on the media tour?