General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am so glad I can be patient with new rides. I feel no need to schedule my vacations to catch the opening weeks. In fact, I always hope my vacation will correspond with the third month or later of a debut. Most everything runs smoother by then and there's no trauma to my vacation. Next vacation is a combined Disney/Universal in mid November. Hagrids will be open more than 5 months by then, GESWL will be in it's third month. I had a brief look at Pandora & TSL last September when I did the four parks in one day with UK Trigg & Samantha, so this trip I'll be able to leisurely explore both lands. To me, the key words when on vacation are 'relaxation & leisure'. No hectic long line openings for me. If I was in Orlando this week, I wouldn't even bother to queue up for Hagrid. To me, super long lines do not equate with fun times. :)

It just boggles my mind how thick in the head some people are about never-before-seen rides not running at 100% right off the bat. Gringotts has tilt track elements, spinning ride vehicles and a launch with a kuka arm sitting in the ride envelope. Hagrids has 7 launches, automatic switch track, backwards sequence, more auto switch track, drop track, MORE auto switch track, and a moving platform load system.

The people complaining are exactly why parks don’t push the boundaries like they used to. I complain about Universal when it’s warranted but at least they have some effing balls when it comes to new ride development. Go ride Fast and Furious if you want reliability, clearly you’re not mature enough to wait for the new stuff.
Social media has made it so easy for issues like waiting in a line to be sensationalized. Most of The people tweeting are the same people that have been reading tweets about the ride issues and STILL took their behind to the park and hopped in the line. :thud:

I am so glad I can be patient with new rides.

Must be an old age thing. I am the same way. Thank goodness it is the young folks responsible for getting this running that feel the great pain and stress of it while the older ones that have survived worse just take it in stride.

Speaking of old ones... why haven’t we seen Mark Woodbury standing outside of rides of recent years like we saw with Hogsmeade and Diagon?

Must be an old age thing. I am the same way. Thank goodness it is the young folks responsible for getting this running that feel the great pain and stress of it while the older ones that have survived worse just take it in stride.

Speaking of old ones... why haven’t we seen Mark Woodbury standing outside of rides of recent years like we saw with Hogsmeade and Diagon?
You can only watch him on the "Big Screen" nowadays. ;):whistle::rimshot:

Reactions: therock and Teebin
It just boggles my mind how thick in the head some people are about never-before-seen rides not running at 100% right off the bat. Gringotts has tilt track elements, spinning ride vehicles and a launch with a kuka arm sitting in the ride envelope. Hagrids has 7 launches, automatic switch track, backwards sequence, more auto switch track, drop track, MORE auto switch track, and a moving platform load system.

The people complaining are exactly why parks don’t push the boundaries like they used to. I complain about Universal when it’s warranted but at least they have some effing balls when it comes to new ride development. Go ride Fast and Furious if you want reliability, clearly you’re not mature enough to wait for the new stuff.
That's why I'm going in November

Reactions: Mad Dog
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what Fluffy's dog breath smells like as you pass by? I heard it's scented. Is that true? Is there also a scent effect in Hagrid's hut scene with the fire?

And where is the Centaur located exactly? I have not seen it on any of the POV videos.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what Fluffy's dog breath smells like as you pass by? I heard it's scented. Is that true? Is there also a scent effect in Hagrid's hut scene with the fire?

And where is the Centaur located exactly? I have not seen it on any of the POV videos.
Didn't notice anything from Fluffy, the skrewt scent was present but very faint for me (not sure if it's always like that)

It's just after the backwards portion just before you back onto the drop track

Reactions: illumination
Brian - I'm sorry but if you were stuck in that line for 6 hours, 2 hours being in the room with no A/C, I don't think this would have been your response sir. Did you know one of the switch back rooms is lacking any air circulation or air conditioning? Or was that not included on the media tour?

Wait.. so we're all aware of this? Why is it a thing? We were stuck for nearly a full hour in that stuffy ass room.

Eh... everything happens so fast, especially Fluffy.. it only smells like a missed opportunity to sit there longer.

Wait.. so we're all aware of this? Why is it a thing? We were stuck for nearly a full hour in that stuffy ass room.

It's particularly disgusting after a nice Florida rain. It's one of the reasons I significantly question the opinion of any one who dares call the queue "amazing" . Other than the Pre show itself and final room, it's boring, loud, and often poorly cooled/ventilated.

Reactions: therock and Nick
It's particularly disgusting after a nice Florida rain. It's one of the reasons I significantly question the opinion of any one who dares call the queue "amazing" . Other than the Pre show itself and final room, it's boring, loud, and often poorly cooled/ventilated.
This all echos what I remember TMs saying in previews.

The admins on this site don’t like us comparing Disney and Universal but how can’t you when you see such differences in customer service. This isn’t Six Flags. This is Universal. Those families that decided to visit Universal for the first time specifically for Hagrids I’m sure will not be returning. This is just plain embarrassing for a company like Universal.

Reactions: FatalBubbles
The funny thing is that people love to focus on the negative. Universal has been apologizing to people on twitter. Sometimes this is just a mistake. There is no pleasing people. Now everyone will be focused on this one comment besides all the other comments that have been about understanding and apologizing.

People upset me. Its not like they are doing this on purpose. Also I find it ridiculous that people who are traveling far would spend their day in line. If I was there and it would be my return after 5 years, I would be enjoying the park and just come to the realization that I might not get to ride Hagrid's. If these people chose to ruin their day by spending it in line then thats on them. If they were standing in the same place for three hours when the timer say 180 minutes and then complaining about still being in the line thats on them.

How about instead leave the line, enjoy other rides, and get tipsy.

The admins on this site don’t like us comparing Disney and Universal but how can’t you when you see such differences in customer service. This isn’t Six Flags. This is Universal. Those families that decided to visit Universal for the first time specifically for Hagrids I’m sure will not be returning. This is just plain embarrassing for a company like Universal.

As someone who visited and waited in hours long lines twice the service is not bad. Seriously.

Tell you what im in orlando from june29-july5th if i don't get to ride hagrid I'll probably end up banned from universal :box: im actually considering pushing back a week.. idk...

I’m going this weekend. Driving down specifically for this ride. I will be there Saturday and Sunday.
Ouch good luck! I would've never took my 2weeks vacation then had i known it would be like this. I thought 2 weeks was enough time for kinks to be worked out. And maybe they will be.

Again: let’s wait til say, the end of summer til we declare this the end of the world.

Remember how much of a train wreck the first few weeks of Frozen Ever After was? I’m guessing not anymore!

I'm not going to rate the queue as one of the best ever built. FJ, Gringotts, and FOP are great A+ examples. But it is at least beyond an average ride queue.

I remember months of the Universe of Energy vehicles deciding following the wire just wasn't fun enough and going off in their own merry direction causing a shutdown. (Ironically it turned out after months of investigation - people were shuffling on the carpet and then discharging static into the wire. A simple fix).