Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Alright, thank you!

So, I was thinking that, since the mazes are pretty much set, all we really have to talk about are the Scarezones. I think Manics talked about a Vampires sz in the Tunnel, but I was actually thinking that it'd be really funky to put a Bloodborne-style "Hunt" Scare zone in the Gauntlet, with angry villagers and a "vampire cave" in the shipping containers, plus some of the leftover house facades from TrT and Ash vs. Evil Dead coming back as "village houses." It can tie into the Frankenstein v. Wolfman maze as well, and maybe they could even throw in some "angry villager" scareactors and werewolf props on that little hill that's right after the tunnel. Thoughts?
last year, i thought monster masquarade would have villager scareactors wandering about, warning guests to not go into the castle.

What about the other scare zones

Dunno, but they haven't done a proper Wendigo SZ in a while, and Pet Sematary helped put them back in the popular consciousness, so why not that for the opening Scare Zone? Put some trees and log cabins up, some wild cannibal totems, some settler people in deer antlers, Pumpkins, stilt walkers. Could be alot of fun.

Dunno, but they haven't done a proper Wendigo SZ in a while, and Pet Sematary helped put them back in the popular consciousness, so why not that for the opening Scare Zone? Put some trees and log cabins up, some wild cannibal totems, some settler people in deer antlers, Pumpkins, stilt walkers. Could be alot of fun.
All scare zones are original

a wendigo scare zone can be good. you can have some insane campers, mid-transformed wendigos (think mordeo), some stil walker wendigos, and maybe a stilt walker totem pole being
s-l300.jpg

a wendigo scare zone can be good. you can have some insane campers, mid-transformed wendigos (think mordeo), some stil walker wendigos, and maybe a stilt walker totem pole being
s-l300.jpg

Lol, that'd be really weird and really cool to see.

Yeah, it'd have to be careful to avoid the cultural insensitivity debacle, which is why I was thinking pilgrim village instead of, say, teepees and totem poles. I can see that rubbing some people up the wrong way.

It might be cool to see a crazy doctor or medical theme, with insane nurses and surgeons and "patients." The ambulances, the walking dead rows of bodies, the crashed helicopters and the Corpz props can make a return, with barricades made of hospital gurneys and shopping carts.

Was wondering you guys could help me out with finding a couple others that you can barely see on here.
20190621_100707.jpg
The one next to the Ghostbusters.
20190621_100908.jpg
And the one next to the photo of Bill Moseley (Which I can't find exactly if it is that but it sorta does look like the scene from Klowns with Debbie in the bathroom)

Was wondering you guys could help me out with finding a couple others that you can barely see on here.
View attachment 9940
The one next to the Ghostbusters.
View attachment 9941
And the one next to the photo of Bill Moseley (Which I can't find exactly if it is that but it sorta does look like the scene from Klowns with Debbie in the bathroom)
i recognize possessed louis from ghostbusters
2013-04-15-louis_tully_possessed.jpg

Just saw the new Child's Play, and it kinda makes me sad that they made such a good movie. Honestly, it was so different from the original that I'm not sure why they didn't just make it a new IP, cause then, I could've been excited for this cool new killer robot movie rather than disappointed that they had to screw over Don Mancini to make a weird Killer Robot - Chucky hybrid.

It would've been a neat maze, honestly. Sucks.

How so, I haven't seen the movie, but I dont mind being spoiled.

(I was also considering "ripoff Chucky" lol)

Had some decently neat kills. Chucky controls a car at one point, grinds someone's face off with a lawnmower, and drops someone on a table saw. Probably wouldn't translate too well in a maze, but there is a chaotic scene where Chucky sics a bunch of dolls and drones on a group of people that made me think of the scene in the Supermarket in the Walking Dead maze. Could've had a bunch of victims with "chuckies" hanging off of them.

Chucky also kills the boy's cat and replays the sound of the cat dying, because it's a robot. That was a pretty neat scene. I'd recommend streaming it when it comes out later. There's another scene where Chucky is trying to make Andy happy by murdering his mom's boyfriend (think Pretzel Jack from Channel Zero, or the monkey from Monkeyshines - Chucky is trying to make Andy happy by killing people that annoy him) and there's a really funny scene where he leaves his skinned off face on Andy's dresser, and Andy takes a moment to realize what the hell it was, lol.

I think the maze could go:

- Beginning at the Vietnamese factory. By now, you probably know that Chucky's origin is that he was sabotaged by a Vietnamese sweatshop worker (I think it was originally Chinese, the Vietnamese dialogue is obviously dubbed in). He kills himself by throwing himself off a building, so there's that. You can enter by going through a truck full of Chucky dolls.
- Andy's apartment, blah blah blah, his bedroom with Chucky in the closet and the dead cat noises and the boyfriend leathermask.
- There's a scene where Chucky taunts Andy by talking through the speakers, so there can be a scene in the living room where Chucky pops out of a cabinet in the living room or something.
- Into the basement. There's a creepy guy in Andy's apartment that repairs Chucky after he gets destroyed by Andy and his friends (this is after they find out that the boyfriend was murdered by Chucky). He lives in the basement, so he fixes up Chucky and gets dropped on a table saw. Probably just a kicking hanging prop hanging off the pipes over a fake table saw, and Chucky hiding under tables (he stabs the dude a couple of times from under tables)
- Picket fences and the boyfriend's death. He's a jackhole, and he's cheating on his wife to be with Andy's mom. That's the twist. There's an actor flailing about beneath a lawnmower, and a Chucky running around. There's a funny scene where one of the kids teaches Chucky to say "this is for Tupac," so Chucky stabs him saying "This is for Tupac."
- Go to the "Zed Mart" where Andy's mom works. The police officer from the OG movie is turned into one of Andy's neighbors, and he has a mom that calls Andy her "new best friend." Chucky gets jealous and crashes the self-driving car that she was in, so there might be a crashed car outside.
- Into the Zed Mart where the supermarket stuff I was talking about happened. At one point, Chucky pretends to be another kid's doll, and he taunts Andy when no one's looking by replaying footage of the boyfriend's murder on some of the Zed Mart TV screens. That could be something happening between all the carnage.
- Someone where's one of those big mascot costumes and gets stabbed behind some curtains, so there's that.
- In the warehouse in the back, Chucky tries to kill Andy's mom by hanging her. Hanging prop time! He also gets shot by the police officer (who says "this is the end,") Then, whatever, blackout actors make Chucky jump out of some boxes. The scene had a lot of plastic sheets in the movie, and that might be what happens now.

Honestly, outside of like, three moments, this was basically an original script. They totally could've just made it a new IP and I would be over the moon. As it stands, though, it really is kind of a shame that they made something so good out of a total dick move. That's kinda what makes me angry too; it really would've taken like, three line changes and a slight change to the Chucky doll to make the whole thing an original IP, it felt like the Child's Play name was just slapped on. Bleh. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, tbh.

(I was also considering "ripoff Chucky" lol)

Had some decently neat kills. Chucky controls a car at one point, grinds someone's face off with a lawnmower, and drops someone on a table saw. Probably wouldn't translate too well in a maze, but there is a chaotic scene where Chucky sics a bunch of dolls and drones on a group of people that made me think of the scene in the Supermarket in the Walking Dead maze. Could've had a bunch of victims with "chuckies" hanging off of them.

Chucky also kills the boy's cat and replays the sound of the cat dying, because it's a robot. That was a pretty neat scene. I'd recommend streaming it when it comes out later. There's another scene where Chucky is trying to make Andy happy by murdering his mom's boyfriend (think Pretzel Jack from Channel Zero, or the monkey from Monkeyshines - Chucky is trying to make Andy happy by killing people that annoy him) and there's a really funny scene where he leaves his skinned off face on Andy's dresser, and Andy takes a moment to realize what the hell it was, lol.

I think the maze could go:

- Beginning at the Vietnamese factory. By now, you probably know that Chucky's origin is that he was sabotaged by a Vietnamese sweatshop worker (I think it was originally Chinese, the Vietnamese dialogue is obviously dubbed in). He kills himself by throwing himself off a building, so there's that. You can enter by going through a truck full of Chucky dolls.
- Andy's apartment, blah blah blah, his bedroom with Chucky in the closet and the dead cat noises and the boyfriend leathermask.
- There's a scene where Chucky taunts Andy by talking through the speakers, so there can be a scene in the living room where Chucky pops out of a cabinet in the living room or something.
- Into the basement. There's a creepy guy in Andy's apartment that repairs Chucky after he gets destroyed by Andy and his friends (this is after they find out that the boyfriend was murdered by Chucky). He lives in the basement, so he fixes up Chucky and gets dropped on a table saw. Probably just a kicking hanging prop hanging off the pipes over a fake table saw, and Chucky hiding under tables (he stabs the dude a couple of times from under tables)
- Picket fences and the boyfriend's death. He's a jackhole, and he's cheating on his wife to be with Andy's mom. That's the twist. There's an actor flailing about beneath a lawnmower, and a Chucky running around. There's a funny scene where one of the kids teaches Chucky to say "this is for Tupac," so Chucky stabs him saying "This is for Tupac."
- Go to the "Zed Mart" where Andy's mom works. The police officer from the OG movie is turned into one of Andy's neighbors, and he has a mom that calls Andy her "new best friend." Chucky gets jealous and crashes the self-driving car that she was in, so there might be a crashed car outside.
- Into the Zed Mart where the supermarket stuff I was talking about happened. At one point, Chucky pretends to be another kid's doll, and he taunts Andy when no one's looking by replaying footage of the boyfriend's murder on some of the Zed Mart TV screens. That could be something happening between all the carnage.
- Someone where's one of those big mascot costumes and gets stabbed behind some curtains, so there's that.
- In the warehouse in the back, Chucky tries to kill Andy's mom by hanging her. Hanging prop time! He also gets shot by the police officer (who says "this is the end,") Then, whatever, blackout actors make Chucky jump out of some boxes. The scene had a lot of plastic sheets in the movie, and that might be what happens now.

Honestly, outside of like, three moments, this was basically an original script. They totally could've just made it a new IP and I would be over the moon. As it stands, though, it really is kind of a shame that they made something so good out of a total dick move. That's kinda what makes me angry too; it really would've taken like, three line changes and a slight change to the Chucky doll to make the whole thing an original IP, it felt like the Child's Play name was just slapped on. Bleh. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, tbh.
Huh, that actually sounds like a good film xd. I might check it out sometime, and yeah, from the way you talked about it, it couldve had ton of potential for a maze.

Huh, that actually sounds like a good film xd. I might check it out sometime, and yeah, from the way you talked about it, it couldve had ton of potential for a maze.

TBH I still don't feel comfortable telling people to see it considering all the behind the scenes bull, but if it ever ends up on Netflix, you might as well.