Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Can’t remember, but today is the only day it’s down in case anyone’s wondering.

It may have had similar one day closures in the past, but it’s certainly an extreme rarity.

I believe it's had another one day maintenance before. I don't know what the reason for it is but if I had to take a guess it's to replace the cable that drives the trains.

Its probably cable replacement, the slight issue with the design is that unlike a normal train, you have to run both trains permanently, cable replacement seams the likely thing, with maybe a spruce up of the effects. The type of ride is built to last through harsh conditions

Its probably cable replacement, the slight issue with the design is that unlike a normal train, you have to run both trains permanently, cable replacement seams the likely thing, with maybe a spruce up of the effects. The type of ride is built to last through harsh conditions
Sometimes they have to cut the cable. The cable stretches after a time. Every day the leads have to mark where trains one and two stop in King's Cross because it can vary and you have to know the point to where the safety gate rolls too. (Because of the bend, trains one and two do not stop at the same spot in Kings Cross).

So, interesting thing happened to me on Forbidden Journey today. As our ride vehicle passed the basilisk skeleton and approached the dark mark projection, we were sprayed with a lot of water. It came down like rain and soaked myself and the other riders I was with, so I'm guessing maybe a sprinkler accidentally went off? I rode it again immediately after and it didn't happen again the second time.

Just curious if anyone else has had something like this happen to them.

So, interesting thing happened to me on Forbidden Journey today. As our ride vehicle passed the basilisk skeleton and approached the dark mark projection, we were sprayed with a lot of water. It came down like rain and soaked myself and the other riders I was with, so I'm guessing maybe a sprinkler accidentally went off? I rode it again immediately after and it didn't happen again the second time.

Would not have been a sprinkler for fire suppression. I suspect it was a fault in the effects water system.

It could be the new "smell sensor" that Universal has activated. The smell of sweating theme park guests is a problem so they get soaked on a ride. The second time around the sensor noticed you got washed and didn't smell anything. ;)
Just kidding, I'm sure you smell wonderful. I think it's a small defect. Did you inform the theme members at the ride?

So, I don't know if anyone has watched this video but watch the following video:

Basically, it discusses Disney's proposed ride(s) for their version of a Harry Potter area. Try not to laugh too hard.

I’m guessing it talks about their Midway Mania with wands concept.

Edit: Yeah. What I would love to see are the ideas Tony Baxter apparently drew up for himself since AFAIK he didn’t show those to anybody.

Last edited:
Looks like FJ queue is being handled differently now:

This is sad news:

But this is fantastic rumor/news:

They really need a new locker situation like yesterday, or yesteryear, or yesterdecadeago...

New lockers have a project number and permits, but kept getting postponed until the ponds/midway Jurassic games work finally started up recently (as that’s somehow related due to proximity).

FJ is the only ride still using the old fingerprint lockers, as the new locker setup was meant to use the card reader kind, and it wouldn’t be worth it to upgrade the existing set up just to close it down later.

Forgot to mention this in my trip report, but we found that there is actually a flip drawer in every FJ seat where you can put stuff. On the back on the seat (think, where the small of your back would be when sitting). It flips out, and you can easily store a hat or purse in there.

I've been on FJ 20 or 30 times and never knew this. But one of these last times we spent more time than usual in the Gryffindor common room, and one of the paintings mentions it (they also say you can store your wand in there!).

I wonder if they hoped for this to be the storage device before they figured out they needed lockers. Nonetheless, they still work!

Have a question, with FJ was the two peppers ghost musion shows (Dumbledore office and the Class room) ever meant to be a proper pre show? Since the design of the queue feels like those two should be two pre-show rooms in the queue, or did they find the ride was too much of a people eater