Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gringots, if I remember correctly is different companies too, not? Is Hagrid's all Intamin?
Does Dynamic Structures do coaster control systems? Guessing B&M would never do a control system for a coaster not theirs?
Gringotts is a fusion of Vekoma, Intamin, and Dynamic Attractions, IIRC.

It is so weird to me that they'd change plans based on Hagrid's performance. One could figure with minimal show scenes, the JW coaster would be easier on Intamin. Do their typical blitz coasters experience much issues on opening? My only actual Intamin blitz experience is Cheetah Hunt, and it has been entirely too long for me to remember reliability upon opening.

It is so weird to me that they'd change plans based on Hagrid's performance. One could figure with minimal show scenes, the JW coaster would be easier on Intamin. Do their typical blitz coasters experience much issues on opening? My only actual Intamin blitz experience is Cheetah Hunt, and it has been entirely too long for me to remember reliability upon opening.

Cheetah Hunt was definitely pretty unreliable initially from what I remember. I recall it being down quite a bit during the grand opening; maybe even opening late that day?

EDIT: Found a source for that:

"Cheetah Hunt officially opened on May 27, 2011. While it was scheduled to open with the park at 9:30 a.m. that morning, technical delays kept guests from riding until approximately 2 p.m. The park blamed faulty sensors as the reason for the delay. "

Speaking of coaster issues, Premier's Sky Rocket at Kennywood has been broken down for 14 months now, and the coaster is relatively new. All these manufacturers have issues it seems.

Hey just wanted to share this Rip Flix update about the Jurassic coaster. On this video, it seems like they are preparing to move the tree they saved. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Rip Flix did a great job of showing the construction area, which I feel like hasn't been done since the rumors of softs started for Hagrids.

Cheetah Hunt was definitely pretty unreliable initially from what I remember. I recall it being down quite a bit during the grand opening; maybe even opening late that day?

"Cheetah Hunt officially opened on May 27, 2011. While it was scheduled to open with the park at 9:30 a.m. that morning, technical delays kept guests from riding until approximately 2 p.m. The park blamed faulty sensors as the reason for the delay. "
Other than that though, it's nothing close to the Hagrid debacle. Just seems odd that they'd jump ship on a more proven commodity than a 10-12 train, seven launch coaster.

Can't speak for Mack's reliability other than Copperhead ran like a champ when I rode it. People tell me that Cobra's Curse has awful reliability, but it's been working every time I've gone.

What did Vekoma do on gringotts?

Gringotts is Intamin and Premier.

Other than that though, it's nothing close to the Hagrid debacle. Just seems odd that they'd jump ship on a more proven commodity than a 10-12 train, seven launch coaster.

Can't speak for Mack's reliability other than Copperhead ran like a champ when I rode it. People tell me that Cobra's Curse has awful reliability, but it's been working every time I've gone.

Hagrid isn’t that bad. Really.

Hey just wanted to share this Rip Flix update about the Jurassic coaster. On this video, it seems like they are preparing to move the tree they saved. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Rip Flix did a great job of showing the construction area, which I feel like hasn't been done since the rumors of softs started for Hagrids.

I was holding out hope that tree would remain through the process. Too bad.

What did Vekoma do on gringotts?
I could've sworn that Vekoma did the track.
Hagrid isn’t that bad. Really.
Others would argue otherwise. I think it's doing pretty okay for what they're trying to accomplish, and I'm sure it'll get close to 100% eventually. But it was seeming to me that the insinuation was that Universal changed their mind in regards to this coaster based on what was happening with Hagride.

I could've sworn that Vekoma did the track.

Others would argue otherwise. I think it's doing pretty okay for what they're trying to accomplish, and I'm sure it'll get close to 100% eventually. But it was seeming to me that the insinuation was that Universal changed their mind in regards to this coaster based on what was happening with Hagride.

More like *everyone* is right to some degree. @GAcoaster says Mack, others say Intamin. We’re all right. I believe that decision was from last summer.

We’re all right.
Indeed, good sir. Until track starts going up, nobody knows nuthin'.

I’ve been avoiding the thread until I can ride it this weekend so I don’t really have context for this so what do you mean?
Reliability and downtime has been an issue. As to be expected with a new ride, but there's entirely too many people trying to ride during this adjust phase.

I’ve been avoiding the thread until I can ride it this weekend so I don’t really have context for this so what do you mean?

In the larger picture of coasters it’s having teething issues but nothing too out of the ordinary. Lots of Intamin rides don’t run at full capacity till after seasonal maintenance and upgrades. Since UOR doesn’t have an off-season they just do it at night.

Can confirm Cobra’s Curse has awful reliability.

More like *everyone* is right to some degree. @GAcoaster says Mack, others say Intamin. We’re all right. I believe that decision was from last summer.
Funny you brought this up. I did some more digging with a new connection I have at Universal who worked on the opening of Hagrid's, and asked him for confirmation on the manufacturer, and he is saying Intamin. He mentioned the guys from Intamin have been all over the JP site for the new coaster since Hagrid's wrapped up construction.

I was there grand opening day...bright and early...we were pretty upset that we got there as early as we did just to stand around and wait for an afternoon opening. Intamin’s crew was there all day long, as the ride went down multiple times.

Can confirm Cobra’s Curse has awful reliability.

Really? Every visit I’ve made to BGT, it’s always been up and running...even moreso than Cheetah Hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.