HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well alright so you can see primer on the floor so that's a sign at least for the floor of the Klownzilla scene has colorful designs.
20190623_102617.jpg
20190623_102629.jpg
Backround of the scene is very much all black so it does make sense within the context of the scene.

I'm sure it will go with the Funhouse facade (From a previous tweet I put on here).
20190623_103058.jpg
Red: Scare Spots (Klowns with Weapons)

Pink: The Scene with the colored pipes (Also with a black backround)
20190623_102608.jpg
White: Klownzilla Scene

Yellow: Klownzilla himself

Blue: Possibly the Cart from TWD but with the Klowns on it instead.

That's just how I see it.

The primer from last year was the red paint on the castle that then dried white. The paint in that area is black. Black is not a primer.

Now I agree that black makes sense in the context of this scene so we shouldn't get our passes ready for BlackWallaPalooza.

The primer from last year was the red paint on the castle that then dried white. The paint in that area is black. Black is not a primer.

Now I agree that black makes sense in the context of this scene so we shouldn't get our passes ready for BlackWallaPalooza.

True, but the black paint doesn't necessarily mean it won't get covered up:

TrT last year:

S6o5V3A.jpg

S6o5V3A.jpg vz6vnx8.jpg

^ That one part in the top left the windows cut out and the ceiling in the second picture corresponds with part of Krieg's house, either the bedroom or the front door with the Trick or Treaters. That part obviously got covered up later after it got painted up.

Reactions: Guygas
Well alright so you can see primer on the floor so that's a sign at least for the floor of the Klownzilla scene has colorful designs.
View attachment 9962
View attachment 9963
Backround of the scene is very much all black so it does make sense within the context of the scene.

I'm sure it will go with the Funhouse facade (From a previous tweet I put on here).
View attachment 9965
Red: Scare Spots (Klowns with Weapons)

Pink: The Scene with the colored pipes (Also with a black backround)
View attachment 9966
White: Klownzilla Scene

Yellow: Klownzilla himself

Blue: Possibly the Cart from TWD but with the Klowns on it instead.

That's just how I see it.
The thing is, you have those wooden planks above the walls blocking vertical height. It would probably be nothing more than just a giant face with maybe shoulders for Klownzilla. Gotta save the giant puppet effect for Stay Puft.

Reactions: hhnlover
The thing is, you have those wooden planks above the walls blocking vertical height. It would probably be nothing more than just a giant face with maybe shoulders for Klownzilla. Gotta save the giant puppet effect for Stay Puft.

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned/confused with how they're going to pull Stay Puft off in Hollywood, especially if they're emulating the scene I'm expecting. Yes, I'm sure there will be a big "head" jump scare, but... limitations on the verticality of the tents could prove an issue here.

I would like to say for the record that there very much is such thing as black primer, as I’ve used it several times for flats. The thing from last year that started red and dried white was more of a grout/filler material rather than primer.

To bring this up, thanks to Theme Park Obsession's video, we can see just..how much space they're taking.

upload_2019-6-23_16-50-26.png

giphy.gif

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned/confused with how they're going to pull Stay Puft off in Hollywood, especially if they're emulating the scene I'm expecting. Yes, I'm sure there will be a big "head" jump scare, but... limitations on the verticality of the tents could prove an issue here.
I'm really concerned of how Ghostbusters is gonna be pulled off in a tent. Most of the possible scenes need some height and space (specially the rooftop finale) and the need for fancy special effects like a pepper's ghost is begging to be used. A big nut cracker for the Hollywood creative team.

I'm really concerned of how Ghostbusters is gonna be pulled off in a tent. Most of the possible scenes need some height and space (specially the rooftop finale) and the need for fancy special effects like a pepper's ghost is begging to be used. A big nut cracker for the Hollywood creative team.
murdy said they'll be using force perspective this year, so that'll probably be used for ghostbusters to make the rooms look bigger

Reactions: chris.g

New Construction update, interesting to see virtually no work being done on the backlot mazes. At this point last year we already knew the facade for the blumhouse maze, waterworld had started its layout, and most of the walls on the backlot were up. Seems constructions lagging a bit this year.