Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quick update: Martin is saying this project is "ahead of schedule" and will open before April 2020 when MMRR is supposed to open. One would assume it won't be opening this year so i'm gonna guess if that holds true, we're looking at a February opening.

Here's what Martin had to say about the ride after riding it for the first time on a recent trip:

Speaking of Rat, and the dreaded shiny floor and screen edges, I was surprised how little it bothered me. I tried sitting in both front and back rows and each time found the frame of the glasses (Dolby 3D style) sat on the lower edge of the screen and more or less hid the join between it and the floor. The screens are huge, curved and very much Transformers in feel. The cars sit inside of the curve so it’s easy for them to exceed your peripheral vision. Add in physical dressing around the sides and sometimes above too and the screens seem to blend well into the surroundings. Squinching had a few small issues if you looked back at the wrong time but again didn’t distract (and I’m picky as you know). Shiny floors didn’t bother me either. I’d call it more a matte finish than gloss. Michelle says she didn’t even notice it.

The RV is smooth, quite quick, and has plenty of pitch when needed as well as full yaw. Watching them dance around each other at load and unload is like a ballet show in itself. Like MMRR and Rise of the Resistance, the groups of cars (three here) don’t always take the same route, they sometimes share the same screen and sometimes drive into individual screen “rooms” and then reverse out to rejoin the pack. Now I understand the Parisian design and layout I can reiterate this is what is coming to Orlando minus the restaurant. Design tweaks I don’t know about.

As you see I found the attraction to be very well done. I enjoyed it more than I expected to and would class it IMHO as a high D / low E.
Here's a video of the ride for anyone who may not know what to expect. The ride is currently (was?) testing 2D operations instead of 3D recently.

Here's what Martin had to say about the ride after riding it for the first time on a recent trip:

Speaking of Rat, and the dreaded shiny floor and screen edges, I was surprised how little it bothered me. I tried sitting in both front and back rows and each time found the frame of the glasses (Dolby 3D style) sat on the lower edge of the screen and more or less hid the join between it and the floor. The screens are huge, curved and very much Transformers in feel. The cars sit inside of the curve so it’s easy for them to exceed your peripheral vision. Add in physical dressing around the sides and sometimes above too and the screens seem to blend well into the surroundings. Squinching had a few small issues if you looked back at the wrong time but again didn’t distract (and I’m picky as you know). Shiny floors didn’t bother me either. I’d call it more a matte finish than gloss. Michelle says she didn’t even notice it.

The RV is smooth, quite quick, and has plenty of pitch when needed as well as full yaw. Watching them dance around each other at load and unload is like a ballet show in itself. Like MMRR and Rise of the Resistance, the groups of cars (three here) don’t always take the same route, they sometimes share the same screen and sometimes drive into individual screen “rooms” and then reverse out to rejoin the pack. Now I understand the Parisian design and layout I can reiterate this is what is coming to Orlando minus the restaurant. Design tweaks I don’t know about.

As you see I found the attraction to be very well done. I enjoyed it more than I expected to and would class it IMHO as a high D / low E.
Here's a video of the ride for anyone who may not know what to expect. The ride is currently (was?) testing 2D operations instead of 3D recently.

@UK-Trigg rode it last year on his Paris trip and told me he was surprised how good it was. He said it was way better than expected and a lot of fun. His opinions are usually pretty close to mine on attractions, so I'm looking forward to this. It should be a nice addition, ride and show building, to World Showcase.

@UK-Trigg rode it last year on his Paris trip and told me he was surprised how good it was. He said it was way better than expected and a lot of fun. His opinions are usually pretty close to mine on attractions, so I'm looking forward to this. It should be a nice addition, ride and show building, to World Showcase.
I like that it will be expanding the pavilion as well. The original part of the pavilion will remain intact and unintruded, but we're also gonna be getting a fully themed courtyard near this ride that will add an extra layer of immersion to the pavilion.

Trust me, it is good. I wasn’t expecting too much after reading negative/neutral views of the ride....but it’s defintely fun and will be a great addition to Epcot.

The great thing about Ratatouille - even if you set aside the merits of the actual ride - is that it's a pure expansion. We're not losing anything in order to get it, unlike certain other animated-IP-centric boat rides that have come to World Showcase in recent years...
It's a good positive choice....and it fits in so well.

Seeing all these glowing reviews for DLP version means I must be in the minority, I find it a terrible ride. I don't feel immersed at all. Its like you are just riding from one screen to the next, no real effects. I've felt more from old school 360 cinema domes than this ride.

Reactions: malice
Seeing all these glowing reviews for DLP version means I must be in the minority, I find it a terrible ride. I don't feel immersed at all. Its like you are just riding from one screen to the next, no real effects. I've felt more from old school 360 cinema domes than this ride.

I can't deny that my initial viewing of ride videos when it opened in France left me quite cold.

But I really look at this situation as almost a bonus ride for Epcot. We're not losing anything to get it. Had it been a replacement, I might be feel less charitable towards it, but it's an addition. It should help spread out crowds in the park, and it's a fairly solid thematic fit for where it's going (with its setting being a French kitchen, and cooking being such a giant part of French culture).

I can't deny that my initial viewing of ride videos when it opened in France left me quite cold.

But I really look at this situation as almost a bonus ride for Epcot. We're not losing anything to get it. Had it been a replacement, I might be feel less charitable towards it, but it's an addition. It should help spread out crowds in the park, and it's a fairly solid thematic fit for where it's going (with its setting being a French kitchen, and cooking being such a giant part of French culture).
I agree its a great fit, but when you see the work happening on the Beauty and the Beast ride its a bit annoying you seem to just be getting a copy of the WDS ride

That BATB ride looks like a stunner, for sure. I'm holding out hope that it will eventually make its way to Fantasyland where it belongs!

I think Ratatouille's a better fit for Epcot.

Reactions: therock