Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The wait for Smugglers Run was crazy high right after park opening. The line has dropped considerably after they activated the virtual queue to get in the land.

So, it's looking like Disneyland didn't get slammed today. GESWL filled, but rest of park not so much.

This is the problem. All of the annual passholders - a grand majority of Disneyland's populace - just want to see Galaxy's Edge. The crowd control measures are working -- the land is manageable -- but it means the rest of the park is relatively light.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is the problem. All of the annual passholders - a grand majority of Disneyland's populace - just want to see Galaxy's Edge. The crowd control measures are working -- the land is manageable -- but it means the rest of the park is relatively light.
I wonder if Disney had to do it over if they would have changed the plan. Yes, GESWL appears very manageable and orderly BUT they probably have lost a lot of revenue the past month due to lighter than expected crowds. And, Niles said there was just a handful of people lined up around 7 AM today, so the crush wasn't even close to being a crush....I'm started to think that Disney may not put too many crowd restraints in for DHS GESWL, so a soft response doesn't happen.

I wonder if Disney had to do it over if they would have changed the plan. Yes, GESWL appears very manageable and orderly BUT they probably have lost a lot of revenue the past month due to lighter than expected crowds. And, Niles said there was just a handful of people lined up around 7 AM today, so the crush wasn't even close to being a crush....I'm started to think that Disney may not put too many crowd restraints in for DHS GESWL, so a soft response doesn't happen.

The scary thing is, even with what some are calling record low crowds for Disneyland in general, Ogas and Savis is filled in 20 minutes. And Falcon has 30-45 minute waits.

Saturday will be popcorn day. Perhaps Friday.

DHS is in a whole other universe. It (the park) will be at capacity by noon the first day it is fully open.

The scary thing is, even with what some are calling record low crowds for Disneyland in general, Ogas and Savis is filled in 20 minutes. And Falcon has 30-45 minute waits.

Saturday will be popcorn day. Perhaps Friday.

DHS is in a whole other universe. It (the park) will be at capacity by noon the first day it is fully open.
Yes, different crowd with more tourists at WDW....BUT many were predicting crowds of 100,000 to 2000, 000(which was an absurd number) for Disneyland TODAY. Wasn't even in the ballpark. and Aug. 29,30th aren't exactly destination dates for Orlando. A lot will depend on if the locals show up in droves.

A lot of people are waiting for Rise to open. And when it does, most likely sometime after the Summer blackouts end, Disneyland will get hit hard.

Yes, different crowd with more tourists at WDW....BUT many were predicting crowds of 100,000 to 2000, 000(which was an absurd number) for Disneyland TODAY. Wasn't even in the ballpark. and Aug. 29,30th aren't exactly destination dates for Orlando. A lot will depend on if the locals show up in droves.

I think so many were scared off. Looking back, I think a LOT of people would have made a vacation there the last few weeks, had they known how amazing the crowds were going to be. And locals have to pay to play right now, so low crowds don't draw them in much, especially at current single day ticket prices.

End of August already has MNSSHP cranking, and "free" dining. ANd those dates have been out there for a long time. And with super early entry for resort guests, I'll be stunned if we see a repeat of the DL situation.

Good news is the ride seems to actually open when the park does.....sorry for the low blow.
I'd be less hesitant if RotR was opening with the land. But it's looking like holding up RotR for whatever the reasons were, is affecting the demand. ....and even Hagrid's tech problems don't seem to be having any negative effect on Universal attendance. The parks have been slammed for the most part. Hagrid is bringing them in, regardless of the really bad weather most of the days except the past few, since it opened.

RoTR not opening with the land is definitely affecting demand. Spoke to a family the other weekend in DCA and they said they are waiting to visit again until the ride hopefully opens later this year. They weren’t able to make a reservation during the month long period and didn’t seem to bothered that they didn’t. Pretty strange crowd dynamics happening at Disneyland rn, since most visitors are pretty informed and are consequently waiting on Star Wars land until RoTR opens. Seems like Disney is losing out on or at least delaying a lot of revenue?

Reactions: Clive and Mad Dog

Yeah I’ve been told the word “underperforming” is being thrown around.