Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I'm pretty sure this is much worse than Gringotts. I don't recall that ride opening so late in the day

No, they closed the queue early instead. Sometimes really early. Studios also had early entry which maybe explains the different methodology. Total uptime is probably similar.

People: “we want more physical rides. There’s too many 3D screen rides”

Hagrid:
giphy.gif

Seriously, this ride is amazing. I ended up waiting 1 hour and 50 minutes (in line at 6:10 and out around 8:00) and I’d do it all again. The ride has a way of making you forget how long you waited as you walk off with such a high. They’ve really gotta iron out those kinks, but I’m sure they’ll get there.

I’ll have a more thought out review later when I get home in the review thread.
Happy you made it on tonight. Looking forward to your review. Cheers. :cheers:

Which isn’t the case either. The time for pleasantries is over. I’m Willing to give anything the benefit of the doubt, but eventually it’s time to call a duck a duck. The ride wasn’t ready, and it was a mistake trying to open it when they did.

Thank you for your input.

I don't believe they've scheduled early admission for IOA in August at this point in time. You may want to monitor the Universal website to see which park it will be . They've kind of stayed away from IOA the last few months with the Hagrid coaster opening waiting.

The Universal Orlando App is still showing both parks having early park admission starting August 1.

Which isn’t the case either. The time for pleasantries is over. I’m Willing to give anything the benefit of the doubt, but eventually it’s time to call a duck a duck. The ride wasn’t ready, and it was a mistake trying to open it when they did.
What's your fix? Push the announced opening date back?

It's 100% a spilled milk situation at this point. Universal should not have announced the date that far in advance, that seems very clear. Before anybody points any fingers, I was never anxious to hear a date. I wanted Universal to actually announce what this was. There's pointing to an opening, and then there's obnoxiously gatekeeping secrets. That's what kind of irritates me.

As for Hagrid, all we can do is hope each day goes a little smoother until we forget about it.

Announcing an opening date , instead of a “Summer 2019” like they are doing with Jurassaic World was their first mistake.
When the ride had sudden “problems” a couple weeks ago, that was their first chance to possibly quell expectations.
An announcement that the ride would be in limited capacity “before” opening would have been nice.
They could have delayed the media day / grand opening until after the ride was open for a few weeks, and still kept the “soft date”.

Marketing really shot themselves in the foot with this one. Hoping they get this attraction up and running smoothly soon...
Wondering if they will finally learn their lesson this time.

I am hoping that Alicia can get to the bottom of what precisely the issues are that they are encountering.... what errors and computer stops and what they think is going on. They can’t be e-stopping for every cell phone that comes out or it will never run smoothly, ever.
The cell phone thing is for sure the least of their concerns lol

My worry is more that they are already worried about wear and tear on a brand new ride rather than getting the kinks out... Please tell me that fear is baseless.

It appears to be doing the opposite. It was down for most of yesterday. It didn't even open until around 2:00.

As of now that seems like an outlier. It had improved but the previous few days. We’ll see where we go from here.

My worry is more that they are already worried about wear and tear on a brand new ride rather than getting the kinks out... Please tell me that fear is baseless.

Nah. It all stems from the problem they found late in testing I’d bet. Probably through everything off at the last minute

I have to wonder if that’s why there are still cameras with lights pointed directly at the wheels and chassis... but I don’t think this is the biggest issue causing the downtime throughout the day. Just something that may cause them to have to swap trains out and make minor repairs before trains can be reportedly upgraded/reinforced... if those rumors are in fact true.

183925E4-CE73-43E6-A697-8E1FF6BDD933.jpeg

Again, while some have warned about this even before opening, and it could be ongoing issue, I don’t believe this is the biggest problem they’re facing.

I have to wonder if that’s why there are still cameras with lights pointed directly at the wheels and chassis... but I don’t think this is the biggest issue causing the downtime throughout the day. Just something that may cause them to have to swap trains out and make minor repairs before trains can be reportedly upgraded/reinforced... if those rumors are in fact true.

View attachment 9978

Again, while some have warned about this even before opening, and it could be ongoing issue, I don’t believe this is the biggest problem they’re facing.
Noticed them on opening day as well. One is definitely a Phantom highspeed camera and maybe an infrared dealie. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I'm starting to wonder what they're hoping to glean from high speed footage.