Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

I wasn't impressed by this ride but I am happy it's coming to Epcot. Especially if it drops another good ride to Tier 2 on FP+. :lol:

That one is pretty small. Gonzo's Royal Flush is a good size, but if Grand Avenue is really to be a holding queue for Galaxy’s Edge, more bathrooms may be necessary.

Although, my original guess for this new construction was a food service window. Gotta feed the people in line too!
Does Baseline have restrooms? I would think Disney would retool the restaurant a bit to maximize its potential for restrooms + grabbing food while waiting in line.

In all likelihood, GotG/Rat/TT are the three Tier 1’s come 2021. FEA and Soarin’ likely fall down.
Yeah, I imagine that Soarin’ will drop to 2 with Rat’s opening.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they cut tiers altogether with Guardians, though.

Yeah, I imagine that Soarin’ will drop to 2 with Rat’s opening.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they cut tiers altogether with Guardians, though.
Epcot's getting to the point where they almost have enough rides where they could potentially do away with tiers, but I don't know if it's quite there yet. It's certainly the closest park to joining MK in the no-tiers club, though.

Well.. I was just saying how DHS was probably the most enjoyable park for me of WDW's 4 thanks to FP Tiers allowing me to do my faves: TOT, RNRC, & Star Tours.

But no more.. Ugh.

New FP Tiers as of 8/29:

Disney's Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Tier 1
Rock n Roller Coaster
Alien Swirling Saucers
Slinky Dog Dash
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania

Disney's Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Tier 2
Star Tours
Frozen Sing-Along
Disney Junior Dance Party!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Muppet Vision 3D
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
FANTASMIC!

So, I went through the first 10 pages of this thread just for fun. This thread started in August 2012. Netflix was still mostly a mail-order DVD service, Disney hadn't even acquired LucasFilm yet, the PS4/Xbox One hadn't been announced, and Barack Obama was still in his first term. Let's see if any of you guys got anything right.

I'd see the Ratatouille attraction under construction at DLP coming instead of RSR. Remember how much that sucker ended up running... TDO will have none of that.
Wrong park, but yes.

Polynesian DVC :salt:

Nah. That's not gonna start for a good long while. At least 3-4 years after GF is done.
GF DVC opened in 2013. Poly was completed in 2015. @ReelJustice wins this one :lol:

The DHS equivalent of improving the main drag a la Buena Vista Street.........REMOVE THE FREAKING HAT!

I'll chop it down if that would get the job done. :saw:
Clean view!
DisneyStudiosHour.png

Star Wars Land is such a no brainer, that there has to be some reason it hasn't happened. I doubt we'll ever see it.
Yeah, doubtful. ;)

Even without financial backing from a country, DON'T count out Brazil.

Juist saying.
This one's still kicking!

OK ... 3:13 a.m. ... going to drop in a quick post. A bit surprised everyone isn't in a tizzy over all the news and rumors (some much more accurate and fact-based than others) going round on this subject.

Lots of crazy conjecture (don't know if you can link to other blogs/sites here and don't want my first post to be my last), but boy did I read some wild stuff tonight.

Y'all know that Disney has to change the facade on the Chinese Theater because it 'lost the rights' (apparently, that was OK, so long as a giant 'toon hat was in front of it) ... and Disney is apparently gonna replace that facade with a Carthay Circle one (please don't tell the blogger that one already exists on Sunset Blvd. as I hear he has quite the temper). Well, I'm sorta waiting to see how active the boards are here before popping in regularly. But I do have a few friends here and it's nice to see them since they don't hang out (to my knowledge) over on another MAGICal site that I enjoy quite a bit.

Let's see how this works.
The whole "Disney lost the rights" thing was a rumor that really wouldn't go away, but to see it talked about here in such a way by someone who was very well respected as an insider during this period of time (Spirit has sort of disappeared and is very inaccurate with information when he tries to present it these days) is slightly jarring.

Cars Land is coming to DHS, via WHylightbulb at Magic. LMA will be going for it, as well as some of the Backlot Tour
This was a common rumor around that time. One that almost came to fruition as far as I know. Then it kept getting downsized and downsized until they just moved on.

The very early whispers as far as theme park rights to Middle Earth (if any) all point to the rights landing at Uni rather than Disney given Warner Bros' preexisting working relationship with Uni because of Harry Potter.

Nope. The Tolkien estate HATES the idea of a theme park land, apparently.

Don't hold your breath seeing LOTR show up at any park in the near future.

And Spirit says major DHS work is a done deal.
Tolkein still hates theme parks.
I say ditch LMA and Backlot Tour and replace with Star Wars and Pixar area..
This is practically spot on. You win.

Tolkein still hates theme parks.

This is practically spot on. You win.
Correction: Chris Tolkien hates theme parks (or any form or merchandising, films, etc). The estate, which he no longer has control of, seems much more flexible. (i.e., Amazon would never have been able to do a series under him as Zentz has film and some merchandise rights only).

But at what cost....
Well if we're being literal, two attractions nobody really cared about and a street with a bunch of facades. Sure, TSL isn't the best they could've done with the land, but it'll still be a nice area of the park once SWGE opens.

Either way, there's no arguing this is a massive upgrade over what we previously had.

Well if we're being literal, two attractions nobody really cared about and a street with a bunch of facades. Sure, TSL isn't the best they could've done with the land, but it'll still be a nice area of the park once SWGE opens.

Either way, there's no arguing this is a massive upgrade over what we previously had.
I always saw Pixar naturally extending to where the Backlot Tour was and Star Wars land taking up the other chunk

I just thought we'd get something more than TSL

So, I went through the first 10 pages of this thread just for fun. This thread started in August 2012. Netflix was still mostly a mail-order DVD service, Disney hadn't even acquired LucasFilm yet, the PS4/Xbox One hadn't been announced, and Barack Obama was still in his first term. Let's see if any of you guys got anything right.

I think that's the most use of multi-quotes in a single post that I've seen at least. Nice job! :thumbsup: