Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's almost impossible to tell from that one image.

What? No it isn't... You can very clearly see what type of track it is, and no other manufacturer makes track like that. It should also be noted that this type of track is engineered for areas of the ride that will exert high forces, so it'd be surprising if they used it for an interior show scene.

iBi9Wfi.jpg

Last edited:
What? No it isn't... You can very clearly see what type of track it is, an no other manufacturer makes track like that.

iBi9Wfi.jpg
If anything, it could be the modern track, but it's certainly not double spine. That can be seen, regardless of the distance and fidelity of the picture.
And if it is, my has this project changed.

Edit: my work monitor is poo, i thought it was a few sections bundled, but it may well be the doublespine

Everybody should be jumping for joy that there’s double spined track on site because that means either a reduction in supports or that this thing is going to be forceful AF.
Well, we know that this is billed as a thrill coaster, so I expect this to need some heavier duty track....Also, less supports may be an aesthetic choice on their part

Is this supposed to be four rows across like Hyperion or two rows?

Seems weird that track is showing up already, no?

So jumping off my question here, how about a theory:

This is track for that tunnel scene, and since that tunnel looks like it will be built into the main building of the ride, this track will be installed early so they can build the building.

Just a shot in the dark

So jumping off my question here, how about a theory:

This is track for that tunnel scene, and since that tunnel looks like it will be built into the main building of the ride, this track will be installed early so they can build the building.

Just a shot in the dark
Makes sense as to why the track is black

And also, I really hope the coaster track is not black

Well, we know that this is billed as a thrill coaster, so I expect this to need some heavier duty track....Also, less supports may be an aesthetic choice on their part

Is this supposed to be four rows across like Hyperion or two rows?
Well it is going to be launched, i dont think hulk style trains can handle these launches and weight, or maybe? Maybe thats the reason for the double spine? Idk but hulk on steroids would be a 1 of its kind for sure.

Unless they changed color or it’s part of the track for a show scene and purposefully painted black...
I have no idea if that's the track or not... BUT, dark gray track with white supports was one of the rumors I heard for the coaster.

And yes, I have also heard there would be less supports than say, something like Hulk for example.

Could the angle of the pic make it seem black? It could be dark grey
Or the people I get info from saw something in bad light lol? Or things change from concept art to reality, (remember the supports for Hagrid are purple in the released promo art lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.