Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

How much can we attribute to it actually being more reliable though?

How much can we attribute to it being better weather?

How much can we attribute to it having less demand than the opening days?

How much can we attribute it to opening at 2pm(!!)?

So yes... I think saying something is 2 hrs vs 4 hrs is an obvious improvement. But there are more factors at play than just reliability and it's hard to know where that improvement is coming from.
And I'd argue that once you remove weather as a factor; that simply by opening at 2pm this thing isn't much of an improvement at all vs opening day. That alone cuts their operational hours by ~40%.

The goal should be to not be optimistic or pessimistic but to try to view things as they are.
But yes, if I had to pick one, I'd hope to be an optimist. :toast:
I'm not new on here and i have always been an realist, but thanks to social media there are ways to figure out what to attribute to the cause. I can check wait times on UO app, research twitter, check these lovely forums, and know the weather in the area in real time to answer all of the attributions you mentioned. When people cherry pick what information they want to convey is when they can't see the changes.

Closing for capacity roughly around 7:45-8 PM each night. Clearing the queue often happens at 10 PM if the ride is still down. They have kept the queue open once or twice til 11 PM when they thought it may become operational again.

Interesting.
Do we know if the 11pm operations corresponded to the 2pm openings?

If so, we're looking at a 14 or 15hr downtime currently.

If not:
At most/worst we're seeing overnight maintenance/ops downtime of 10pm until 2pm the following day (16hrs down, 8 hrs up w/ intermittent downtime).
At least/best we're seeing overnight maintenance/ops downtime of 11pm until 12pm the following day (13 hrs down, 11 hrs up w/ intermittent downtime).

ETA: Answered below, so this isn't the case.

Last edited:
Interesting.
Any correlation of if the 11pm operations led to the 2pm openings?

If not:
At most/worst we're seeing maintenance downtime of 10pm until 2pm the following day (16hrs down, 8 hrs up w/ intermittent downtime).
At least/best we're seeing maintenance downtime of 11pm until 12pm the following day (13 hrs down, 11 hrs up w/ intermittent downtime).

I actually don't think so. I was just putting something together for a similar discussion with the opening times thus far (along with days w/weather delays at any point):

6/13 - Opened at 8:40 AM (rainy day)
6/14 - Opened at 11:45 AM
6/15 - Opened at 9 AM
6/16 - Opened at 9 AM (rainy day)
6/17 - Opened at noon (rainy day)

-- Delayed Openings begin --

6/18 - Opened at noon (rainy day)
6/19 - Opened at 11 AM (rainy day)
6/20 - Opened at 11:30 AM
6/21 - Opened at 1 PM
6/22 - Opened at 11:30 AM
6/23 - Opened at 11:30 AM
6/24 - Opened at 2 PM
6/25 - Opened at noon

For the sake of your question, the queue was dumped at 11 PM on 6/21 (closed hours prior, but never reopened) and opened fairly normally on the following day.

I actually don't think so. I was just putting something together for a similar discussion with the opening times thus far (along with days w/weather delays at any point):

6/13 - Opened at 8:40 AM (rainy day)
6/14 - Opened at 11:45 AM
6/15 - Opened at 9 AM
6/16 - Opened at 9 AM (rainy day)
6/17 - Opened at noon (rainy day)

-- Delayed Openings begin --

6/18 - Opened at noon (rainy day)
6/19 - Opened at 11 AM (rainy day)
6/20 - Opened at 11:30 AM
6/21 - Opened at 1 PM
6/22 - Opened at 11:30 AM
6/23 - Opened at 11:30 AM
6/24 - Opened at 2 PM
6/25 - Opened at noon

For the sake of your question, it closed at 11 PM on 6/21 (closed hours prior, but never reopened) and opened fairly normally on the following day.

Great data. So its essentially ~13.5-14.5 hr downtimes regardless. Interesting that the latest opening for the time (1pm) led to the first 11pm night. How late was it open last night? Did it stay open later w/ the 2pm open time?

I'm also curious if they will attempt to add more trains and keep the delayed opening or try to remove the delayed opening and then attempt to add more trains.
That will be an interesting development to see how they handle and improve both issues.

Great data. So its essentially ~13.5-14.5 hr downtimes regardless. Interesting that the latest opening for the time (1pm) led to the first 11pm night. How late was it open last night? Did it stay open later w/ the 2pm open time?

I'm also curious if they will attempt to add more trains and keep the delayed opening or try to remove the delayed opening and then attempt to add more trains.
That will be an interesting development to see how they handle and improve both issues.

Queue closed for capacity around 8 PM from what I can find. No clue when the ride stopped operating though.

On another note, looks like things are running extremely smoothly so far (knock on wood):

Emily Ann (@geeknotice) | Twitter

Do you know what time are they shutting it down at night and clearing the queue?
When I went last Thursday:

Ride opened around 12. Went down around 3. Queue was full and tons of folks still outside hanging around hoping for a chance. Around 7pm they dumped the queue - 8pm, folks lined up on the wall all the way to the castle. Got a notice the ride was open via the app at 9pm. Queue was at capacity less than 5 min after that notice.

Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider, just posted a story commenting on Hagrid's technical issues. To make a very long story short, he says "talking with people working on the attraction, the problem appears to be greater than anticipated load levels on the ride system".....the camera is "apparently there to monitor the track and the underside of the ride vehicles"

Honestly, both times I’ve gone, it’s been extremely overposted and I figured the same thing. Even with my lengthy downtime on Saturday, it came out to their exact posted wait. Headed out now for an attempt at ride #2.
Let us know, ill be there saturday!!!