Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 611 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news.... ummm.... 2020, anyone?

It's more than plausible at this point.
If they get this thing up and running by next year, I'll give UOR full props on mashing the freaking pedal down.

I still can't fathom how this won't be open next year. Maybe later in the year, sure, but man I just do not see it being 2021

In other news.... ummm.... 2020, anyone?

It's more than plausible at this point.
If they get this thing up and running by next year, I'll give UOR full props on mashing the freaking pedal down.

I can see it both ways. The track could be installed by the years end easily enough but how far they're prepared to theme it is the big question mark here.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Edit: I can’t figure out the location of this. Can somebody point it out on a map?

Looks like it's somewhere near here - Gabe or Dan feel free to jump in if that's not correct, just guessing based on the images/video I've seen.

yxnDyv8.png

Reactions: Magic-Man
I can see it both ways. The track could be installed by the years end easily enough but how far they're prepared to theme it is the big question mark here.

When did Hagrides:
A) Get it's first post
B) Get it's track on site Edit: It appears May 20, 2018
C) Get it's first support
D) Get it's first track laid

Not that all projects work on similar timelines, but that will give you a good baseline.
Simply because this thing won't have nearly as much rockwork, detail or technical work as Hagrid's did.

Edit: So this is 1 month different than Hagrid's. So it needs a whole extra year of rockwork? Sorry 2021 folks, unless Universal just sits on their hands and lets weeds grow over the track, this isn't taking 2 years.

Last edited:
Eh. Is it going to be a *years* worth of Rockwork going in? I'm skeptical. Plus it's not going to have the crazy track switches of Hagrids to muck up operations. I dunno.

Probably not, but my last point still stands. This project is the only major thing to open before UFW does, so they'll delay it to hell to make the park look like it's getting consistent additions. Besides, didn't we say the same thing about Bourne?

Probably not, but my last point still stands. This project is the only major thing to open before UFW does, so they'll delay it to hell to make the park look like it's getting consistent additions. Besides, didn't we say the same thing about Bourne?

When they announce Bourne isn't opening this year, I'll believe this coaster isn't opening until 2021. :lol:

Reactions: universal_fanatic

I doubt it’s the last thing added before FW. And everything I saw recently still says Bourne is for 2019.

Reactions: Disneyhead
It's pretty simple. The project will take as long as they want it to. Sure, it could be done faster. Sure, they could open it next year. But, do they want to?

I feel like we go through this same conversation monthly.

No way here though, Alicia. And we have the same conversation, because 2021 simply doesn't make any sense outside of you and @Joe saying so.

Hagrid's tracks came on May 20, 2018. So this is 1 month different than Hagrid's.
We know it doesn't need a whole extra year of rockwork . So your rebuttal would be "they'll just stretch it out". And I say "no way". Because if they wanted to stretch it out, they wouldn't have the track on site right now and we'd be seeing it late this year or early next.

This thing is running in 2020.

When did Hagrides:
A) Get it's first post
B) Get it's track on site Edit: It appears May 20, 2018
C) Get it's first support
D) Get it's first track laid

Not that all projects work on similar timelines, but that will give you a good baseline.
Simply because this thing won't have nearly as much rockwork, detail or technical work as Hagrid's did.

Edit: So this is 1 month different than Hagrid's. So it needs a whole extra year of rockwork? Sorry 2021 folks, unless Universal just sits on their hands and lets weeds grow over the track, this isn't taking 2 years.
I made a rough timeline for Jurassic based on Hagrid's timeline a little while back. I'll post it when I get home. For what it's worth, it nearly nailed the timing of ride parts showing up.

It's pretty simple. The project will take as long as they want it to. Sure, it could be done faster. Sure, they could open it next year. But, do they want to?

I feel like we go through this same conversation monthly.
Yeah, it seems like their past history is to milk a new Potter addition for 18-24 months until bringing something substantial in. They could easily milk Hagrid & new Hogwart's show that long. Bourne is so inconsequential since it's only filler anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.