Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something to keep in mind is this, that softs can and will happen at any time. Perhaps not even one bit.

And it isn't something that Universal will publicly state of initially.
I always do keep that in mind. Hence why I called it "Softs Watch" yesterday. But what we're mainly talking about is the opening day announcement from Universal. Who knows what the soft opening will entail. Who knows, there may not even be one, or maybe one that isn't open to the public. I'm saying we shouldn't just assume the trajectory of how this ride will open. I just don't want someone to hang on the word of "a TM told me", take it as gospel, go on that date, run the risk of it not being open, then be pissed off.

Part of me..wouldn't be shocked? More-so, as this is a overhaul of an existing attraction (even if they had to retrack again due to the Mosasaurus scene).

I do think softs are happening, and perhaps @Chris Galindo's nose is onto something good. But I'm more or less waiting until TM's get word of the situation more than Universal making a press release.
If Chris is right.....that would be totally sweet to get a soft the day after I get back from Europe after four weeks (Gonna write out my trip report as soon as I get back). What a great welcome home gift that would be for me.

So I'm rewatching JW right now. Do you guys think were gonna see a pterodactyl or even a Pteranodon in the ride? *wishful thinking*

My gold pass is blocked out this week alone. I think that’s also telling

But you should have gotten an email saying you can come in for one day during that black out period. Most of us waiting for an opening so we can come one of those days just in case it open.

But you should have gotten an email saying you can come in for one day during that black out period. Most of us waiting for an opening so we can come one of those days just in case it open.
Appreciate you pointing this out. I'll check for the email

UPDATE**** : I can not locate this email... If anybody else has received this, can you confirm?

My thoughts as to why there will be not employee preview on this ride. USH is into their summer season. They are open until 10pm every night now. Years past, as far as I remember, previews for employees were done on a night when the park closed early. My opinion only, are they really going to hold a preview for employees, when many will still be working late into the night, and in front of 1000s of paying guests? I don't think so. If they do, great. If not, no loss. Bottom line is USH wants this open and getting paying customers into the park to ride it.

I think they are behind schedule and they don't want a Hagrid's situation in which they had like 3 days of softs, followed by the opening day and a clusterf* of problems. Hagrid was clearly behind schedule but they had an opening date already set so that created the problems they had at opening date. Since they are really pushing marketing on this attraction, Universal is treating this as a really big deal, so if there is no opening date yet, I am afraid softs will happen at the end of July for an August opening date. I highly doubt that they would drop the opening date one week before it opened, so with all that in mind, late July softs, for an August opening date. my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.